Attachment Parenting
Options

It was a co-sleeping miracle

This might not sound like much to some of you, but if you know where we've been at with sleep lately, you will cheer hooray for me!

Last night, two wonderful things happened: 1) DS slept a 4 hour stretch from 1-5AM (in addition to sleeping before and after in 2 hours stretches), and 2) at one point, he was awake and giggly and checking stuff out and talking to himself, so I just rolled on my other side and kind of relaxed and pretended to be asleep, and within about 5 minutes or so, he got himself into a comfy position and fell asleep on his own!

I am so happy about this because since he was about 3.5-4 months, all his sleep has been in 2-3 hours stretches and usually it takes me walking around bouncing him in the Ergo to get him to fall asleep. So these two things were majors wins for us. :)

Not expecting this to become the new normal, but I have to say it was awfully nice, especially since I've had a nasty cold the past few days.

Re: It was a co-sleeping miracle

• Options
    Yay for baby musical! That's wonderful! It may last, or it may not. Baby sleep patterns are constantly changing. Keeps us tired mamas on our toes!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Awesome! Perhaps this is a new trend?

Mine is a sucker for co-sleeping and the boob. Friends ask if I'm weaning at a year, I smile and say, "we'll see!" inside I'm like "no-freaking-way, I'll never sleep if I withhold the boob".
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awesome! Perhaps this is a new trend?

Mine is a sucker for co-sleeping and the boob. Friends ask if I'm weaning at a year, I smile and say, "we'll see!" inside I'm like "no-freaking-way, I'll never sleep if I withhold the boob".
    Yeah, I have no plans to wean at a year either... Breastmilk is like baby Ambien, and it's just waaaay too easy to get him to sleep by nursing to give that up!
  • Options
    Breastfeeding toddlers makes life SO MUCH EASIER. Like you said, sleep is easier. They just snuggle and nurse and fall asleep. My nephew was weaned at 18 months and it's a nightmare for his parents to get him to sleep (there's more to that story, though). Nursing also calms tantrums, heals bonked heads and skinned knees, and keeps them occupied and quiet during church. ;) I don't know what I'd do if DS weaned!!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    *knock on wood* Last night was the THIRD night in a row that DS slept a 4-5 hour stretch!!! And he did the whole falling asleep by himself thing too! Yay!!! I'm over the moon. I feel like this is my kind of "sleep training". :)

Now I know that he can put himself to sleep, he just needs to know that I'm close by. He's definitely been going through a serious mommy phase, so this makes sense. 
  • Options
    Yay for you! Send my baby some of those good sleeping vibes, I could really use them...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"