Cloth Diapering
Options

pockets with double gussets

Is it just me, or does anyone else really not get this?  I mean wouldn't it just make them a whole lot harder to get clean/spray?

My CDs without double gussets don't leak.

I do use covers with double gussets, but that seems different to me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: pockets with double gussets

• Options
    I only got my double gusseted pockets after I stopped having to spray, so don't know how they would have worked. A had really forceful, large poops though, and especially after we started solids sometimes she would poop so much that there was just nowhere for the poop to go but out. I look at the Rumparooz I have now and think that they would have been able to contain it better, or at least minimized the amount that would leak out, because it would help keep the bulk of it in the center. Since those days, though, I've never had issues with my regular diapers containing poop. If my next kid is like A, I'm getting more Rumparooz.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    That's the reason I got Rumparoozs. I love the double gusset. It is no harder to spray than the BG ones. Its just added security I guess.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think GoGreen and some Alvas have them too. One thing to consider is if you ever have to change the elastics on them, double gussets = double the work. I just did two Rumparooz today and was cursing them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • Options
    It does make them a little harder to spray, but they were fantastic when everything was still incredibly runny. Now they kind of bug me b/c they leave the weirdest marks from the fabric wrinkles all over DS's butt. It know it's like where socks make indents on your ankles, but it just looks so uncomfortable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"