Baby Showers
Options

Need some serious help!!

Hi Ladies! I am due with a little girl in Dec 2013. My family is throwing a baby shower for us in the middle of October. I have a very large family plus DH's family. And our friends are being invited to this one shower, I am being thrown another shower that morning at my old work, by former co-workers and clients. We are traveling back home for the weekend just for these showers so that is why we combined all the family shower and friends showers together, we simply don't have time for more than the 2. I'm not really involved in either shower's preparation besides answering questions when one of the hostesses needs something. I do know the large shower is coed and they are planning on serving a meal. I've never been to a shower with a meal so I'm not really sure what to expect. Maybe it's just more of a big party? My dilemma is the fact that there are 16 hostesses for the large shower and 3 for the smaller. I am having a hard time coming up with a good Thank You present that I can afford for 19 hostesses. Like I said we are having to travel (5 hours) for the showers so money is super tight to begin with. Anybody have any great ideas?

Re: Need some serious help!!

• Options
    How in the world can 16 people plan and host a shower together?  It is hard enough to get 2-3 people to agree on party details.  Will the invitations list "hosted by all 16 of these people"?  Write them all nice genuine thank you cards and call it a day.  Hostess gifts are not even a thing in my circle, and 16 hostess gifts would be ridiculous imo.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I did a "from my shower to yours" idea with body wash, lotions, bath fizzies, etc. It may be doable cheap if you make some of it at home. Pinterest has DIY sugar scrub (several different kinds), a shower cake that helps with decongestion (like vicks), bath salts, lip balm, etc. Just do a pinterest search on DIY bath and a ton comes up.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My family loves to throw showers and showers are huge back home. Yes all 16 are listed on the invitation, they are my aunts on my Dads side of the family. Thank You Lemsa I will check it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"