Baby Showers
Options

Is it odd for DH to come if it isn't coed?

He wanted to see some family/ friends that are coming for the shower(that we don't normally get to see often), and thought he could come along and be the camera guy and be able to thank people in person too for whatever they bring. Would this be odd?

Re: Is it odd for DH to come if it isn't coed?

• Options
    Disneygeek77Disneygeek77 member
    edited September 2013

Maybe a little bit, but not necessarily enough to not come.

My husband came to mine, but he was there to eat and then hung out with m BIL for the rest of the time. 

• Options
    I've never been to a shower where the DH is there, but it wouldn't bother me.  I'm sure the people he wants to see will be thrilled to see him.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That was my thought. Not to mention this is my husband's family hosting, so while I know everyone, he knows them better, etc.
  • Options
    DH came to the shower. He and our dads and my brother stayed at the bar most of the time. He came in and helped open gifts, which was helpful because we had about 50 people. And he mingled at the beginning and people loved seeing him.
  • Options
    At my shower and at my cousin's showers, the fathers to be have shown up sometime during the present opening bringing flowers for the mothers to be and then hang around to visit and help carry all the gifts to the car.  It would be a little different for him to be there for the whole thing, but especially if it is a shower that his family is throwing, I don't think it would be a big deal.  I did go to a work friend's shower once where her hubby was there to act as videographer for the whole thing.  It was kind of awkward only because he personally was socially awkward and made strange remarks as the gifts were opened, but that's really here nor there.  He was just weird.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My husband came towards the end of my shower. he wanted to say hi to his mom and see his coworkers that were there. And he loaded up the car as well.

I don't see anything wrong with it at all. It's his baby too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My DH came at the end of our shower.  We expected to be done around 3:30, so he came at 3:00 ate a piece of cake at the table with his family members (it was one shower for both his family and mine) while I finished with the gifts and then just mingled and chit-chatted with people as the shower was wrapping up/people were going home.  After everyone left he helped load the car and clean up so it worked out perfectly.  No one thought it was weird and several people had asked me as I was greeting them if he was coming because they wanted to say hi.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've seen husbands come towards the end of the shower like PP mentioned. I wouldn't think he would want to be there the whole time. 
  • Options
    My DH also came at the end to say hello to everyone and to pack up the car.  It worked out great because he got to be there to see the folks he wanted to but he wasn't really "there" for the boring parts that guys hate.  Bonus for me, no bending required since DH did all the heavy lifting for me.  I got to relax and enjoy friends and family.

• Options
    My fiance is planning  to be there the whole time even though it isn't co-ed.  I don't think its weird at all, I actually think its sweet!  I'd rather him be there, because its a special day to  celebrate with him!
  • Options
    Maybe a stupid question, but was he invited to the shower? If your host was planning a female-only event, SHE might find it weird that he tagged along!
  • Options
    It's his sister and his mom that are throwing it. I got an invite, I think more for keepsake purposes, and it was just addressed to me. I'll have him talk to his mom & sister when we get in town this weekend and see what they would like. I'm sure they are not opposed to him being there, some of the people showing up are people we rarely see, and they know him better than me.
  • Options
    IMO, no. Our shower was females only but DB still came. I see showers as a gift for both of us not just the mother. I didn't make this baby alone.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Options
    That was kind of my thought. He wasn't apart of wedding shower activities years ago, and I didn't think twice about it. This is different. Honestly what sticks with me overall is that this is all his side of the family, so he wants to see people, not just walk in during the last five min, you know? I have another shower that my mom is throwing and he'll be out there for that one, but probably won't stick around as much because he casually knows everyone, it's different.
  • Options
    My DH wants to attend the whole shower with me.  We will be having one shower for all our family and friends hosted by my sister, one of his sisters, and a friend of ours.  All our friends/family love him and he loves seeing all of them so he enjoys these kind of events.  He also attended my bridal shower the whole time. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"