Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Physical activity

I forgot to ask my doctor. We officially found out we miscarried on Thursday and I have been bleeding since Monday. I would have been 7 weeks 5 days on Thursday. My DH wants to go bowling to distract ourselves, but my worried mom is afraid that won't be good for me...should I be limiting my physical activity now - my doc told me it was ok to bowl when I first got my BFP, should I slow down even more now? My doc told me a BFP wasn't a good excuse to slow down so I don't see why this should, especially if it keeps me from crying every 5 minutes...am I wrong in thinking that way??

Re: Physical activity

• Options
    Unless it's painful, don't worry about it.
    Physical activity seems to help with the physical and emotional pain for me. I think your mom is just concerned and wants you to be well.
    Reassure her that your body is not in shambles and that it's healthy to continue doing the things you enjoy, even through your grief. Have fun!
  • Options
    I went running the day after my d&c. Just pay attention to how you're feeling physically.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    aschultz9 said:
    I went running the day after my d&c. Just pay attention to how you're feeling physically.
    same here
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image  image
    BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
    BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!
  • Options
    aschultz9 said:

I ran a few days later and I got some cramps and more bleeding. Not sure if it was due to the running or not.

My OB said light exercise is fine. She stressed to ease back into it slowly. Bowling doesn't sound hard core. Any distractions are good right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"