High-Risk Pregnancy

Chorionic Bump/Tumor

Anyone heard of this?  I had an early viability scan yesterday, no heartbeat yet, but 6 weeks is still early.  They saw a sac and a fetal pole though, measuring right on track.  They also found a Chorionic Bump.  I've never heard of this before.  My MFM told me it is a tumor that grows inside the sac with the baby and there is a 50/50 chance of losing the pregnancy at any point in development.  Not awesome news.  I was already high risk, this is just one more thing.  So now I'm not excited AT ALL.  I don't even think I'll be able to tell anyone until is is already obvious...if I even make it that far.  Just wondering if anyone on here is dealing with the same issue? 

I also have a history of late term loss, HELLP Syndrome, HG, and GD. 

Thanks
Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
<3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
Asher Benjamin  April 2010
Lola Aisling  May 2014

Re: Chorionic Bump/Tumor

• Sorry no help here I have no experience.... But hope everything turns out ok wishing you a happy and healthy 9 mo ((hugs))

Sawyer Lynn <3 Born 10.11.13

• I had a chorionic bump on my viability scan with this pregnancy also - the only difference was that at 6wk 2days we also saw a heartbeat - but things change so quickly in those first few days. Anyway, I was a nervous wreck about the bump as this pregnancy was coming right after I had had an empty sac and d&c. As it turns out, I am currently almost 32 weeks pregnant with our third son and things are looking good! As a matter of fact, at some point the bump wasn't even visible anymore!
    Just wanted to offer you some reassurance that there can be a positive result even with a chorionic bump. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask or pm me!
    Good luck!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • dmm113 said:
    I had a chorionic bump on my viability scan with this pregnancy also - the only difference was that at 6wk 2days we also saw a heartbeat - but things change so quickly in those first few days. Anyway, I was a nervous wreck about the bump as this pregnancy was coming right after I had had an empty sac and d&c. As it turns out, I am currently almost 32 weeks pregnant with our third son and things are looking good! As a matter of fact, at some point the bump wasn't even visible anymore! Just wanted to offer you some reassurance that there can be a positive result even with a chorionic bump. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask or pm me! Good luck!!!!
    I could cry right now.  I'm so glad I posted this. I needed to hear a positive story :)  Congrats on your son :)  Little boys are awesome and I'm hoping for another :)
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I'm so glad I could offer you some reassurance! I remember searching the boards for someone who had gone through something similar and being so frustrated and nervous when there was no one.
    Anyway, I'm glad you posted and that I could help out even in such a small way. Good luck to you! T&Ps that you have a positive experience as well!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"