December 2012 Moms
Options

Dont know what to do!!

Ds is wants to be help practically the whole day.... he hates to be down he cries on the top of his lungs!! should l let him cry it out?? Even when hes with the sitter she tells me the same thing she holds him the whole time

Re: Dont know what to do!!

• Options
    held *
  • Options
    Is this a new thing? Is he maybe teething and just needs extra cuddles? What happens if you sit on the floor with him and play with some toys?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    no hes always been like that now its just worse!! I would always give in and pick him up..... Yes I try to redirect him with toys and let him play with his sister but once I get up to do something he freaks out :(
  • Options
    I'm sorry. Connor was like this for a very long time. He was just not content unless he was being held. It can be exhausting,wearing him wasn't really a good option for me because it is so hot where we live. Will he let you wear him? Only in the last month or so has my kiddo calmed down and played independently for a while. Once he became more mobile he was happier. He sort of crawls now, go forward about a foot,drops, army crawls over and over. Is your LO crawling around? I feel for you,and I know it doesn't do any good now but it really will pass. If Connor was fussing and I couldn't hold him right when he wanted I would just try talking to him and trying to calm him,if he cried for a minute or two I just had to let him. I wish I had a better answer for you,it really is frustrating. :(

imageimage

• Options
    I was going to suggest wearing him, that is what I have to do with Morgan sometimes in order to get stuff done.  

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    Mine was like this for a long time too, but it got a lot better once she became mobile. Now she's got a cold, so she has been wanting to be held more. It is frustrating, but it won't last forever. Sometimes I just have to set her down and let her cry for a few minutes. Good luck!
  • Options
    I think every baby is like this at some point or another.  DD has her moments, and I try to hold her (or wear her) as much as I can, but sometimes I have other things that I need to get done.  DH is gone until her bed time most nights, so I don't really have a choice.  I will pick her up and calm her down, then try to give her some other toys.  She's getting better and will usually play by herself now, but if she's crying she'll just crawl after me as I'm doing chores.  I pick her up every few minutes for 20-30 seconds, and then put her down again.  Yes she cries for 5 minutes every now and then... I don't feel great about it, but what are you gonna do?  She'll live :)
  • Options
    Yes hes the same way it breaks my heart because he chases after me and reaches up on his knees for me ;(
  • Options
    I second wearing him..  I'd try a local babywearing group and see if they have a  lending library where you can try a ring sling or soft structure carrier.. When Faye's having one of those days it really helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kjsmith9 said:
    I think every baby is like this at some point or another.  DD has her moments, and I try to hold her (or wear her) as much as I can, but sometimes I have other things that I need to get done.  DH is gone until her bed time most nights, so I don't really have a choice.  I will pick her up and calm her down, then try to give her some other toys.  She's getting better and will usually play by herself now, but if she's crying she'll just crawl after me as I'm doing chores.  I pick her up every few minutes for 20-30 seconds, and then put her down again.  Yes she cries for 5 minutes every now and then... I don't feel great about it, but what are you gonna do?  She'll live :)
    I'm of this same mind.  I learned not to give in to every bit of clinginess and we're doing better here.  LO HATES to be left alone, even for a minute.  But there were times when I needed to take care of something, especially when my DH is out of town, and I had to leave him by himself in a safe space.  He begins to cry, but I tell him, "You're okay," and I walk away.  After a minute or two he'll calm down and start to play with whatever toy is near.  Sometimes he continues crying, but if his basic needs are met, I don't freak out.  I return as soon as I can.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies it just reallly hard because he cries sooo loud like as if someone was hurting him and he can go on forever!! But I guess it will take time...he was actually good today :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"