April 2013 Moms
Options

Teething necklace update

I know we have discussed whether amber teething necklaces really work on here... I have been using one on DS for a couple months now so I thought I would share my anecdotal evidence.

Before we got it, we were using Hyland's teething gel, cold teethers, and sometimes Tylenol when he was screaming in pain from his mouth. We haven't had to use any of those in a long time!

On Thursday daycare took his necklace off because another baby was grabbing it. Then they remarked how cranky he was that day. DH didn't put it on DS yesterday, and daycare said he was cranky and drooling everywhere. He also ate all 4 bottles by 1:45 both days instead of 3 bottles by 3:30. Perhaps he was just hungry but he also likes to eat when his mouth hurts.

We put his necklace on when he came home and he was happy as could be. I realize this is all anecdotal, but I do think the necklace works on him. :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Teething necklace update

• Options
    I have been thinking about getting one. Do you know if they work on a kid-by-kid basis or if they are supposed to work on all babies?
  • Options
    I think they are supposed to work on all kids.

No teeth yet- they seem to be going through the bone right now.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I dunno, I don't think it makes much of a difference. DD has had hers for almost 3 months... Still drool everywhere and she definitely has bad teething days.
  • Options
    Grace0609 said:

I think they are supposed to work on all kids.

No teeth yet- they seem to be going through the bone right now.

So what makes you think the necklace is working for teething when you have used it for months in a child who is getting no teeth?  I am not trying to be a jerk, but I am seriously curious what you think it is doing if the baby has not popped through a tooth in the past couple of months that you have used it?

Babies teethe for a long time before the teeth actually show. Imagine bone going through bone... pretty painful - probably more painful than when they go through the gums. He was in a lot of pain regardless of the teeth actually popping out.

We will see if it holds up to the test when teeth are showing, but for now it seems to be helping.

• Options
    I am glad you found something that helps his pain. Teething is bad! 

• Options
    I'm with fireflyz. We have the anklet (that I have to push up by her knee to keep it from falling off). I had high hopes, but she's still drooling through multiple bibs per day and still fussy if she's not being held. We have two teeth about to break through now, so I guess we'll see if she is less fussy after that.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"