1st Trimester
Options

Should I call?

I am 6 weeks and the MS has come in full force. I'm pretty sick all the time. Anyway, we are leaving for a cruise tomorrow that we have planned for a year! I am going with family that doesn't know yet and I'm not ready to tell them. I want to enjoy my trip and not be miserable the entire time. I was thinking of calling my doc tomorrow to see if they can call something in like zofran to get me through the week. It's a Saturday so they would have to be paged and everything. Should I call? I don't want to be too bothersome

Re: Should I call?

• Options
    I would wait it out. Zofran is for extreme cases of vomiting & HG. The usual morning sickness like you describe should be tolerable with ginger ale etc.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Take some unisom, if you feel comfortable with it.  I was told to try it by my OB last time, as a step before Zofran.  It was originally made to be an anti-nausea med but it kept putting people to sleep so they started marketing it as a sleep aide.  You need the original formula in the orange box, little blue pills.  I took one every night at bedtime and it worked like a charm.  You could also try sea bands or B6 supplements.  Good luck and have fun on your cruise!

ETA: By comfortable, I mean comfortable taking the word of an internet stranger instead of a doctor, Unisom is perfectly safe for pregnant ladies :)

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just bought the sea band and I'm going to go buy the unisom. I have b6 at home so I'll start taking that too. The nurse at the office told me that was safe when I scheduled my appt. thanks!!!
  • Options
    B6 and Unisom helped at that stage. Doesn't hurt to call though. If you're sick that early you may end up needing Zofran (I did).
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    Ya I'm just really concerned about work after vacation. I'm a nurse and work 12 hour shifts. Sometimes it's so busy I don't eat until 2 or 3. There are not many times I can take breaks so if it gets too bad I'll have to get something that will help so I can work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"