2nd Trimester
Options

what the..?

So I was listening to my baby's heartbeat with my doppler tonight. My husband was sitting there with me and it was pretty loud and clear but I usually move it around just to see if I can get a slightly more clear sound. Sooo, I was moving it around and on the other side, I picked up what sounded like another very clear heartbeat. My question is.. is there anything else that could sound like another heartbeat but actually isn't? I don't have a clue because I've listened in that area before and I haven't ever heard what I heard today. And if it is in fact another baby, why have I only heard one heartbeat until now? I would love to have twins but I certainly don't want to get excited about it before I know anything for sure. Right now, I'm just sure that there's 1 baby in there! One that I was listening to was 135-140 bmp, the other was 155-157 bpm, according to the doppler reading.
I'm sorry for all the questions! I know you all aren't my doctor and you don't have the ability to figure this out, I mainly just want to know what else is around there that might sound like a heartbeat? 
I don't have my first ultrasound until 20 weeks on October 15. I might die from the wait! 
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: what the..?

• Options
    Might have picked up your own artery too, could be anything really.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    You might have picked us your own heartbeat.
    image image image Visit The Nest!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I heard the doppler at my doc appointment yesterday and before she found the baby she found my artery - it was loud!

• Options
    Ok :-) these make more sense than twins, to be honest! I listened again this morning and it was in exactly the same spot so I'm reasonably sure that's not a baby! This was a relief to my husband.. He was a little nervous about the prospect of twins.
    Thanks!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It probably was your own heartbeat, or that your baby moved a bit which increased their heart rate and changed where you were able to find it. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    But hey! Tell the doctor anyway! Just to be sure... Every time that the doctor see me, he always said: still one baby! And I look at him with a weird face like HELLO! IF THERe's TWO, WE SHOULD KNOW, RIGHT??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"