August 2012 Moms
Options

Diaper rash / teething

Alright ladies, are diaper rash and teething related? 

Evie has never had any rash problems until she started to cut teeth. Her first one came through a week before her first birthday, joined with diarrhea and rash central. We did our best to keep her clean and dry and Destin'd up, and it cleared in a few days.

Midway through my trip home to Canada, teeth 2, 3, and 4 began to come in, all at once. Since then, we've been plagued with wet and messy diapers, and the worst bum rash I've ever seen, no matter how vigilant we are on what's going on in the diaper zone. One spot is so raw, I'm afraid it's going to actually bleed. I am at a loss for what to do. It seems to start to clear up, then we miss a smell-free poop for an hour that comes seemingly right after a change, and we're at square one. She seems to be in so much pain, it kills me.

Any other suggestions here? A better ointment? We did switch to Walmart brand wipes about a month before we were in rash central - they seemed too perfumed to me. Could that be making things worse? I'm at a loss here, I hate my poor little dove being in pain. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Diaper rash / teething

• Options
    I know when our lo is pushing several teeth at once he tends to have diaper rashes from messy diapers too. I find with our lo, alternating moisturizers and diaper rash cream works best (we use A & D). I hope your lo feels better soon!

1999- Dx Prolactinoma

8-25-2012 - Lucas born via C-section at 38 Weeks 2 days
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am actually going through this right now. I called the pedi and they told me to use a mixture of Lotramin and Cortaid, 3x a day and to soak in the tub for 10 mins a few times a day. I did this yesterday and the mixture is working amazingly! Give it a try!!! Ds was crying like crazy when I changed him, now he just squirms a little.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    J gets loose poops, diaper rash, and a rash around his mouth every time he's teething.
  • Options
    Triple Paste is expensive but amazing!! And we let DS run around without a diaper on to air out when its really bad.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    Also, if you can let her go nakey in partial sun a few minutes, the sun helps. I don't know why but it's always a last resort for us and works. What we will do when it's cold I do not know.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    the vitamin D from the sun helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"