Cloth Diapering
Options

How big is your ON diaper?

I've been struggling with an ON solution for awhile now. I was using disposables overnight, but he's power leaking through those. I don't like my Sbish OBF, I don't like how the fabric gets so hard when wet. I got a Bamboozles fitted, and I've added to it a JoeyBunz premium and a Geffen baby high absorber. It looks massive! Does everyone have a huge ON diaper?

Re: How big is your ON diaper?

• Options
    A's is pretty big. It's a pocket stuffed with a HOBF insert (3 layers) and a hemp fleece flat folded in half then in quarters (8 layers) for a total of 11 layers of heavy fabric. So yeah, it's pretty thick.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    Huge. Massive even :) compared to my petite lo. I use a sbish obf with all the layers. I find tumble fluffing it helps the hardness, and I use a fleece liner to make it soft against her. I just got a sbish HLC and it stays soft, and seems to be similar to obf. I've used it with a wool cover though. Just started trying this combo this week though. My back up is a apple cheeks 3 layer bamboo trifolded with a sbish doubler or best bottoms hemp underneath in a big pocket or flip cover.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dd was a heavy wetter. I didn't like the Sbish fitted either. I always thought after she ores it got too hard and cold. My best solution was a premium hemp insert wrapped in a prefold and a flip cover over. I never had leaks and it wasn't too bulky.
  • Options
    I use a bamboo fitted with a couple of inserts.  It's definitely bigger than his daytime diapers, but it's not gigantic.  However, when he was about 4 to 10 months old, it seemed pretty huge.  He's grown into it.
  • Options
    For awhile - huge. From about 6-14 months the only thing DD wouldn't soak through was a Twinkie Tush Night Night fitted plus a Joey Bunz hemp insert under a homemade wool soaker. It was annoying because it was so hard to fit under pajamas. Now that DD is not such an overnight peeing machine, I'm using a GMD toddler prefold and a Joey Bunz hemp insert under a Thirsties cover. Still bulkier than daytime, but smaller than the TTNN.
  • Options
    Mines pretty big. I use a TT Night Night. It's better than his Sbish though.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yup, super huge baby butt.  We use a bamboozle with a hemp insert (plus the snap-in insert that comes with the dipe itself).  With a fleece liner to keep her dry.  Then a charcoal-bamboo doubler between the diaper and the wool cover.  Big dipes don't matter at night, they're just laying there anyways :)
  • Options
    ours isn't so big yet.  We use a BG 4.0 stuffed with the OS MF inserts snapped plus a thirsties hemp doubler.  M's 5.5 months so we haven't needed anything crazy big yet.  Or maybe he's not a heavy heavy wetter
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @nana and @Aurora, or anyone who has used both TT and Sbish, does the TT get as hard when it gets wet like the Sbish?
  • Options
    We use a best bottoms cover with a doubler and a cotton/hemp insert. It's bigger than daytime, but not huge and no leaks.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    haileyq said:
    @nana and @Aurora, or anyone who has used both TT and Sbish, does the TT get as hard when it gets wet like the Sbish?
    Not really. It can get a bit stiffer, but the fabrics all around are softer and nicer than the Sbish. Plus with all that velour they are soft for baby as well.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"