June 2013 Moms
Options

No poop

I know breastfed babies can go a week or more without pooping, but my DD has had at least 2-3 dirty diapers per day for the last few weeks. All of a sudden today she didn't poop at all. Anyone else's LO have a sudden decrease in BMs? She's had plenty of wet diapers, so I'm not really concerned. Just find it odd when I'm used to seeing more poop on a daily basis.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary       

Re: No poop

• Options
    My LO does this some times too. He seems to always poop at this 2 am feeding when he has days like that.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Options
    smpeachey said:

Every once in a while my LO will go a day without pooping.  Usually she makes up for it the next day!  I think it's normal for it to happen every once in a while.  I wouldn't worry.

This.
    +1

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My EBF was about 9-10 weeks when her pooping just decreased real suddenly. She was pooping like 3 times a day, everyday, until one week when she didn't poop for 4 days in a row. After that poop-splosion, she started pooping an average of every other day... The change was very sudden.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I guess tomorrow I can expect an explosion
    Anniversary       

• Options
    @jo27key

Yup, after a few days of not pooping, LOs poops were EPIC! And stink! Have lots of wipes handy!
  • Options
    My LO used to poop 6+ times a day. Ever since 3 days ago she is having one small poop a day. Very strange to me but she seems fine.
  • Options
    LO is breast fed and would poop up to 7 times a day. When she hit 3 months, things changed overnight. She now goes 4 days without popping. The doc says its normal but she is a MUCH happier baby when she poops every day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"