May 2012 Moms

NBR excited and want to share :)

I started making our Christmas gifts for our family and am really excited about how easy it has been so far! I obviously can't tell anyone here or it will spoil the surprise so I thought I would share it with you ladies. I am making coasters with pictures of DD on them for everyone this year. Not only is it fairly simple (I'm really not that crafty) but it is super easy on the budget! A set of 4 coasters costs less than $5! I need to get one set done before next weekend so I can send my Dad's home with home since we won't see him again before Christmas. This is how they look after the first step :) now to let them dry overnight and step 2 in the morning.

Re: NBR excited and want to share :)

• Looks awesome! You gotta tell me how they turn out and how you did them, it's a great idea I may have to steal it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • They are fairly easy. The ceramic tiles I got at Home Depot for $0.14 each. You take a 4x6 photo and cut it to size and then use mod podge to glue it to the tile (step 1). Then you do 3 separate coats of mod podge to seal it to the tile. Last you spray the coaster with acrylic sealer to make it water resistant. Let cure for 4 months before using. It took about an hour to do those 8 tonight and then you have to let them dry in between each coat of mod podge and sealant. It's actually a Pinterest pin that I found. I will let you know how they turn out. I'm not going to pin it to the LOVE or HATE board until they were done.
  • That should say for one month, not four months!
  • Love them
    I did this same project with my first daughters pics in 2010. They turned out great
    Tara
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"