D.C. Area Babies
Options

Prince William Hopsital (Manassas) or Inova (Fair Oaks)

I have to pick an OB and realized that they only deliver at certain hospitals.  How did you pick your OB and can anyone recommend either hospital?  I tried doing a search but couldn't find much information.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------
My furbabies

imageimage

BFP#1  4/5/12 – MC  4/15/12

IUI#1  8/24/13 – BFP#2  09/09/13 –  MC 10/7/13

Re: Prince William Hopsital (Manassas) or Inova (Fair Oaks)

• Options
    I picked an ob midwife practice who delivers at fair oaks. We had a great experience at inova fair oaks and I would highly recommend!

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Fair oaks ! I had my daughter at Fauiquer hospital and i love them ! but I grew up going to fair oaks and my sister had 3 babies at fair oaks and loved it !!
      Me:30 DH:32
         Baby #4 EDD 10/19/2017
      Northern ,VA 

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@LSHockman & @ejb23 thanks!  Fauquier is an option too.  I live in Bristow :-)

My furbabies

imageimage

• Options
    I loved Fauquier !! Next baby is due in May and my hubby and I may moving to winchester ( we live in warrenton now but I work in gainesville) but I will still deliver at Fauquier !! You can do tours at all the hospitals and see what you like best ! When are you due ?
         Baby #4 EDD 10/19/2017
      Northern ,VA 

Anniversary

• Options

I'm also due in May on the 17th :-)

My furbabies

imageimage

• Options
    Oh yay !! Im Due May 15th ! :)
         Baby #4 EDD 10/19/2017
      Northern ,VA 

Anniversary

• Options
    I picked reston Hosp
  • Options
    We live in Bristow too. Delivered my first at Fauquier May 2012 and going back for my second in May. It's a great hospital. I see Dr Chun and she has been good.

• Options
    I unfortunately had to go to the ER at Fair Oaks Inova for spotting (babies just fine but I got put on pelvic rest)
    I had an amazing experience there. I'm deciding between Fairfax/Fair Oaks but the doctors and nurses were so amazing they may have tipped the scales! I'm due May 7th.
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
  • Options
    I have Dr Chun too !! Love her !! :)
         Baby #4 EDD 10/19/2017
      Northern ,VA 

Anniversary

• Options
    Did you just get the call that she resigned? Pretty stressed trying to find a new doctor at this point. Ugh, can't believe it.

• Options
    My cousins husband is one of the anesthesiologists at fair oaks so I am partial, though I will be delivering at loudoun. My mother had my sister at fair oaks and I have heard nothing but good things about them.
  • Options
    I used to see Dr. Wilson (OB) and Karen Foster Anderson (MW) at Fairfax OBGYN Associates and absolutely loved the both of them, especially Karen. They deliver at Fair Oaks.

We just switched to Kaiser, so I'll be going to Reston Hospital now.
    Tobin Chase, born April 20, 2014
  • Options
    megmegs said:

I used to see Dr. Wilson (OB) and Karen Foster Anderson (MW) at Fairfax OBGYN Associates and absolutely loved the both of them, especially Karen. They deliver at Fair Oaks.

We just switched to Kaiser, so I'll be going to Reston Hospital now.
    That's where I'm going
  • Options
    I picked my OB-GYN with the following criteria:

--had to be near my house for appointments (this was so that my husband could come along for the sonograms and meet the doctor)

--had to be available at either the hospital near my job or the hospital near my house (I had planned to work up to my daughter's birth so I took into account that I may go into labor at work)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Only inova hospitals. With twin we wanted ffx inova nicu. Love that hospital
    Twins on the way!

image      image
  • Options
    I had to put in a vote for Prince William Hospital in Manassas. I delivered there last August and it was an amazing experience. I work in the medical field and I have never encountered a better run hospital with such an amazing staff. My OB was Dr. Liao in Gainesville VA. I picked him because of his excellent reviews and the location near to me. I initially looked in fairfax for an OB but I decided I didn't want to be so far away not only for routine visits but for when I went into labour. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    oliviazdcoliviazdc member
    edited March 2014
    I've heard nothign but great things about Inova Fair Oaks (I'd actually prefer to deliver there but my OB is at Virginia Hospital Center in Arlington).  I don't know much about PW Hospital, unfortunately.  Good luck!!
  • Options
    I am going to be delivering at Haymarket. They are not even open yet so I am a little nervous. I was promised that if it appears that I might have complications I will be switched over to Prince William.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"