Blended Families
Options

Edited since TB sucks & is making this crap into a movie.

twister22twister22 member
edited October 2013 in Blended Families
Edited since TB sucks & is making this crap into a movie.

Re: Edited since TB sucks & is making this crap into a movie.

• Options
    No, you're not. If he is considering it, that should tell you something.
  • Options
    BD can't take care of himself let alone DS. I say it is the best thing he could do for DS. If anything ever happened to you (God forbid), at least there would be no issues in who DS should stay with. BD can say he would want to keep the schedule the same but people sometimes do things you would never expect.
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with ambrvan, seems like if he is considering it then it may be the best option. Earthandfire did make a point to me that a termination of rights does not mean the parent can never see the child again. It seems like it would however set your child up to be in a better position were something ever to happen to you.
  • Options

BD can't take care of himself let alone DS. I say it is the best thing he could do for DS. If anything ever happened to you (God forbid), at least there would be no issues in who DS should stay with. BD can say he would want to keep the schedule the same but people sometimes do things you would never expect.

Ditto
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you feel comfortable that if your DH cheated on you tomorrow and you would both want him to continue to be DS' Dad then it is the right thing. If any doubt then wait.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    twister22twister22 member
    edited October 2013
    If you feel comfortable that if your DH cheated on you tomorrow and you would both want him to continue to be DS' Dad then it is the right thing. If any doubt then wait.Edited since TB sucks & is making this crap into a movie.
  • Options
    twister22 said:

Today he asked me that since he was signing for us to change DS's last name to DH's, could I lower CS to $200 per month. 

So basically BD is willing to "sell" DS to your DH?  Wow.  What a despicable human being.

You're not a horrible person for wanting DH to adopt DS.  BD is a horrible shitbag for using DS as a way to get out of his financial obligations.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    I think the fact that BD is even considering it, tells you all you need to know & you should not feel bad for thinking about it.
  • Options
    I think what is horrible is that BD is only considering this because you told him that he would not have to pay child support.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"