July 2012 Moms

wahhhh whats wrong with ticket??

This whole week Tucker has poo'd at least twice a day (he's a once a day or every other day kind of kid so this is unusual).  All of his poo has been very soft and mushy with chunks of several day old food in it.  Freakin gross.  Well today he just finished poo #5(!!)  Soft, mushy, contained raisins and noodles that he at on Wednesday.  His butt was also extremely red.  We've never had diaper rash so I assume that this is from the fact that he's going so much?  I called a nurse at his pedi's office.  She suggested its because he eats too much fruit. Does that sound right?  He eats 3-4 servings a day, but not huge servings, normal sized.  He's also been pretty much foaming at the mouth with drool.  Could it all be related to teething? Ahh I hate not knowing whats going on!
imageimage
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: wahhhh whats wrong with ticket??

• I say the drool is the problem.  Whenever LO is teething, she has much softer poops.  If you think about it, they probably don't want to chew as much either since their teeth probably hurt, hence the chunks of food.  Try adding some type of baby cereal to his foods that can be mixed, such as applesauce, etc. This will help firm things up a bit, but still enable him to enjoy fruits.
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• When Cooper goes on a grape bender, that happens to him too. Also, any teeth coming in? That was a big factor in the last grape assplosion. I cut up an ugly recieving blanket and soapy water instead of wipes and copious amounts of desitin. Hope he's on the mend soon.
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Whew this all makes me feel better.  He is definitely teething, I think.  He's always chewing on his fingers and drooling, plus I've noticed he's eating less.  So hopefully once a tooth pushes through he'll be back to normal!
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"