Secondary IF

Update on SIS

edited September 2013 in Secondary IF

Everything went well today, The procedure took all of 30 minutes. I had a little bit of intense cramping that lasted about an hour or so after it was all done. The doctor said as far as he could tell there was no abnormalities in my uterus, but would have radiology take a look just in case he may have missed something. So, so far so good.

Also got the blood work back on the Lupus anticoagulant test, Results were NEGATIVE! Woohoo!! ...

So while im thrilled that those two things are eliminated, I cant help but wonder, WTF is wrong with me then!! We were unable to see our doctor because she wasn't there...and there was an issue with her schedule not being available, blah blah... So basically its going to be about 1.5 cycles before I can get in to see her. At this point, im not sure if we should start trying again or not...My husband thinks that that is what our doctor is going to tell us to do anyway when we finally see her, so why waste this month and possible next cycle of TTC. I'm on the fence.. I don't think I can emotionally take a 5th MC, but I also agree with my husband, if the doctor is going to tell us to "Go ahead" , I don't want to waste 2 cycles either. Im just not sure what to do, or what my next step should be when there is no explanation for our situation...

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this?... would love some outside reassurance, either way.

EDIT: NVM on my question, The first poster helped me see the reality in it... :) We ARE going to give ourselves the GO AHEAD, and start TTC again.

Re: Update on SIS

•  

Everything went well today, The procedure took all of 30 minutes. I had a little bit of intense cramping that lasted about an hour or so after it was all done. The doctor said as far as he could tell there was no abnormalities in my uterus, but would have radiology take a look just in case he may have missed something. So, so far so good.

Also got the blood work back on the Lupus anticoagulant test, Results were NEGATIVE! Woohoo!! ...

So while im thrilled that those two things are eliminated, I cant help but wonder, WTF is wrong with me then!! We were unable to see our doctor because she wasn't there...and there was an issue with her schedule not being available, blah blah... So basically its going to be about 1.5 cycles before I can get in to see her. At this point, im not sure if we should start trying again or not...My husband thinks that that is what our doctor is going to tell us to do anyway when we finally see her, so why waste this month and possible next cycle of TTC. I'm on the fence.. I don't think I can emotionally take a 5th MC, but I also agree with my husband, if the doctor is going to tell us to "Go ahead" , I don't want to waste 2 cycles either. Im just not sure what to do, or what my next step should be when there is no explanation for our situation...

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this?... would love some outside reassurance, either way.

If you are not emotionally ready to start trying again, then don't.  You say that you don't think you can handle a 5th MC, yet you say that you don't want to waste 2 cycles if the dr. tells you to "go ahead and TTC".  Well whether you go ahead on your own or you wait for your dr's approval isn't going to change your chances of MC, KWIM?  If you don't think you can handle a 5th MC, then you may need to re-think TTC b/c there are no guarantees that you won't have a MC.  Whether you chose to proceed with fertility drugs or IUI or IVF, that would still not guarantee a take-home baby.  So my advice is, if you can't see yourself taking another MC you and YH need to re-evaluate TTC.  Sorry if that sounds harsh, but your dr giving you the go-ahead isn't going to increase/decrease chances of a MC.  Now, I'm assuming you've had all the RPL testing at this point.  If you haven't, I would advise you to do that before you continue with TTC.

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• I'm so glad everything went smoothly for you. 

This is such a tough choice to make. I'm sure another miscarriage would be devastating, but there's always that chance of you getting pregnant with a sticky baby in the next 2 cycles! I think if it was me, I'd want to keep trying- but I have no patience to wait around, you know?! Maybe take a couple days to think about it? 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  •  

If you are not emotionally ready to start trying again, then don't.  You say that you don't think you can handle a 5th MC, yet you say that you don't want to waste 2 cycles if the dr. tells you to "go ahead and TTC".  Well whether you go ahead on your own or you wait for your dr's approval isn't going to change your chances of MC, KWIM?  If you don't think you can handle a 5th MC, then you may need to re-think TTC b/c there are no guarantees that you won't have a MC.  Whether you chose to proceed with fertility drugs or IUI or IVF, that would still not guarantee a take-home baby.  So my advice is, if you can't see yourself taking another MC you and YH need to re-evaluate TTC.  Sorry if that sounds harsh, but your dr giving you the go-ahead isn't going to increase/decrease chances of a MC.  Now, I'm assuming you've had all the RPL testing at this point.  If you haven't, I would advise you to do that before you continue with TTC.

Doesn't sound harsh at all,  thank for your honesty. You're right... There are no guarantees. Might as well just roll with the punches at this point, our goal is to have a baby. No matter how many trial and errors we have to go through to get it. Thanks again... :)

• So glad to hear everything looked good with the SIS! And it sounds like you've worked out you plan, so fx for some bfps around here!

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• So glad to hear everything is looking good.  I agree I think you should just go for it and keep trying.  We kept trying even though we knew we were going to IVF and were at high risk for ectopic.  Good Luck! I will be thinking about you. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"