Trouble TTC
Options

Success with Clomid and HCG Trigger Shot?

I took Clomid (50 mg) on CD 5-9. I had my follicle check on 9/20/13 and it showed 3 follicles and no cysts (I have PCOS). I've been on 2000mg of Metformin regularly for 4 months and my periods have finally regulated and I ovulated! I received a HCG Trigger Shot on CD 15 and we used preseed (Dr said to try - we've tried before w/o luck). I've been cramping since 3 DPO and I'm still cramping off and on. Has anyone else had any luck with the Clomid and HCG shot? My dr wants me to take a test next Friday (10/4). 

Re: Success with Clomid and HCG Trigger Shot?

• Options
    langforda said:
    I took Clomid (50 mg) on CD 5-9. I had my follicle check on 9/20/13 and it showed 3 follicles and no cysts (I have PCOS). I've been on 2000mg of Metformin regularly for 4 months and my periods have finally regulated and I ovulated! I received a HCG Trigger Shot on CD 15 and we used preseed (Dr said to try - we've tried before w/o luck). I've been cramping since 3 DPO and I'm still cramping off and on. Has anyone else had any luck with the Clomid and HCG shot? My dr wants me to take a test next Friday (10/4). 

We're mostly all working on conceiving our first here. Good luck! If you want success stories, check out the Pregnant after IF and Success after IF boards.
    Me (34) & DH (45) - NTNP since June 2011
    RE: 12/1/12 - Me: PCOS; DH: Low T
    2/13: DH's T went from 190 to 777!
    Cycle 1 1/25/13: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = Ectopic pregnancy
    3/7/13: MTX injections put me on the bench.
    Cycle 2 6/7/13: Clomid 100mg CD3-7 = No response
    Cycle 2.1 Clomid 150mg CD 19-23 + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    Cycle 3 7/21/13: Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #1 + Progesterone = BFN
    Cycle 4 8/25/13: Bravelle 75-112iu + Trigger + IUI #2 + Progesterone = BFN
    Cycle 5 9/23/13: Bravelle 75-225iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Progesterone = BFFN
    Onto IVF - starting injects on Christmas Day

• Options
    Thank you! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck, fingers crossed! The only thing I'll say is to not look too much into each and every symptom. Some symptoms are from the trigger shot. If you symptom spot, you'll think you're pregnant and can be disappointed. HOPEFULLY you are pregnant, but I'm sure everyone on this board knows what it likes to pick apart every potential symptom and get your hopes up, only to be disappointed.
    Me (31) - PCOS with insulin resistance

4 rounds of Clomid = no response
    IVF # 1 - ET (1 3AA, 4 frosties): 12/22 = BFP
    EDD: 9/9/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"