Two Under 2
Options

Xp: sharing bedroom

I'm thinking of having my ds who is 18 months old share a room with his future sibling. We are hoping they will be about 2 to 3 years apart in age. We have a spare bedroom so they could each have their own but I thought it would be nice if the spare room could be used as a playroom. Does gender matter when sharing a room? Will they wake each? Your thoughts?

Re: Xp: sharing bedroom

• Options
    I'm interested to hear others' experiences on this. Our LOs will be 13-14 months apart, and we plan on having them share a room (with the baby sleeping in our room in a PnP the first 5-6 months like DD), regardless of gender, and turning our now workout room into a playroom, rather than another bedroom.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My DS and DD#1 shared a room from when DD was about 6 months and DS was 21 months until DS turned 3 and we moved him to a regular bed.  It worked out really well - DD was a fabulous sleeper, was STTN from 9 weeks on, and if DS woke up with teething or anything he never woke her up.  She rarely woke him up either (except if she woke up early in the am, she would occasionally wake him up too).  We only moved DD out because we didn't want DS getting out of his bed and bothering her (or keeping her up) when they were supposed to be sleeping.

We recently tried to move DD#2 into DS's room (after he moved to his big boy bed at age 3, we found out we were expecting again and never took his crib down).  That was a disaster.  DD#2 is not nearly as good of a sleeper as DD#1 was and DS would wake her up every night when he came to bed (about 45 min after she went to sleep).  Then overnight she would occasionally wake him up.  We gave up after about a week and a half and brought her back in our room in a pack and play.  Then we sleep trained her.  She seems better now, but we haven't tried it again! 

We are going to be moving DD#1 into a big girl bed soon (yes, she is still in her crib - she is an awesome sleeper and we didn't want to mess with anything!!!).  When she does, we will try to move DD#2 in with her.  They will get used to it eventually!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Following. We have a 10 month old and just found out that we are expecting baby #2. We have the choice of them sharing a room and keeping the guest room available or moving DS to the former guest room and just have him sleep with us or something when guests are visiting.
  • Options
    We have our two girls in the same room. We moved them in together when DD2 moved to a toddler bed - she was 21 months and DD1 was almost 3.5. I don't think I would have done it sooner just because DD2 wasn't really sleeping through the night yet. They LOVE sharing a room, though. Sometimes before bed or when they wake early in the morning we hear them chatting with each other and it's so sweet. DD1 is a deep sleeper, DD2 not quite as much, but they sleep through each other's noise really well.

Now we're expecting DD3 and plan to have her in our room first, then the nursery, then move her in to share with her sisters when she moves to a toddler bed - probably between 18-24 months. We have to have at least two of them share a room either way, so I figure why not have all three share for a while. Growing up I shared a room with all of my sisters (there were 4 girls) and I have really great memories of it. We'll split them back up once they start hitting jr. high age and figure out who shares with who or if we're ready to let one have a basement bedroom at that point.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are just starting to really STTN with DS so I'm not moving him yet but I'd like to by the time he is 18 months.  Hopefully by then, DD will be in a regular bed and he can use the crib in their room. I selfishly want a guest room back!  Plus we need to do it for if/when we have a 3rd. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"