Success after IF

Success with PCOS AND Endometriosis?

alyxandreeeaalyxandreeea member
edited September 2013 in Success after IF
Anyone out there have success getting pregnant having PCOS and Endometriosis? Without using IVF that is. I need some positive stories to keep going with my journey

Re: Success with PCOS AND Endometriosis?

• I have no experience with Endometriosis but know many that got pregnant with having it usually after having a procedure done to clean out the lining before trying. Again i have no experience so I probably even said that wrong. I only have PCOS and with proper drugs everything worked out! Good luck to you

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Luker here:

I was IR PCOS and stage III endo and MFI, and we got pregnant on our own.I don't want to get your hopes up that it was easy because it wasn't  We also had two failed IVF and one failed FET.  And 13 months trying on our own. 

I had late ovulation that month (I was tested for a clinical biopsy trial but I failed due to no ovulation occuring at that time), so I think it was more of a "super"ovulation.  I felt like I did, but then I didn't, but obviously I did. I had a horrific head cold when I thought I had ovulated.   The RE believed it happened because of the lap.  Althought the FET and the 2nd IVF failed after that lap, so I don't buy that.   I also believe DH's supplements helped.

I call it my perfect storm. 

Good luck to you.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • No PCOS experience here, but I have endo.  Have had a few surgeries in the past to get cleaned out.   

I have a daughter after a lap surger, IUI and Clomid cycle, a son after a lap surgery, a glass of wine and a roll in the hay and am pregnant with another boy after months of acupuncture, Chinese herbs and supplements.  

It can be done!
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• I do ( Mine doc refers to me as PCO though as I am not outwardly symptomatic)! You can see more info in my siggy on how we got our DD. I nursed her for 15 months which I think really gave my endo a break. I also added in CoQ10 and DHEA as per my RE for Egg quality when we tried on our own. I managed to get pregnant 3 times on my own since having DD, first 2 were miscarriages and this pregnancy is healthy and going strong :) Good luck on your journey! 

Married in 2/2006, TTC since 3/09 with Endo stage 4(DX 1999) and PCO (DX 2010), DEC, LAP and 2 rounds of Depo Lupron

• 2/10: IUI #1: Clomid 100mg= BFN
    • 3/10- 5/10: IUI #2 Clomid 150mg; IUI #2.2: gonalf, lupron; IUI #2.3: 2 rounds of 5mg Femara=All cancelled for nonresponse
    • 6/10 -IUI#2.4: gonalf, ganirelix, estrace, ovidrel, endometrium- early M/C
    • 8/10- IUI #3: gonalf, ganirelix, ovidrel, estrace, endometrium, lovenox, hcg boosters= BFP;  Beta#1=179, Beta#2= 360, Beta#3=1775; 1 perfect little HB!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP 2/13!B- M/C 7w 4D, D+C 3/13

Surprise BFP 6/13! - Blighted Ovum found at 7w, D+C 6/28

Surprise BFP 8/13!- Hopefully third time is the charm!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lurker responding: I have both PCOS and endo. After 4 years of trying and two early losses, I had surgery to remove endo and at the same time I had a D&C. I took Metformin for the PCOS and got PG on our own 2 months after surgery. Currently 21 weeks with that pregnancy. So far so good.
    Baby #1 due 2/10/14!
  • You guys are giving me hope! Thanks so much!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"