Multiples

? Twins

I wondered if I could post a question, because I'm not sure if I'm joining yet.

We're actually still on the fence with the possibility of a second. There was a whole lot of "stuff" in the sac that could have been a hiding twin. I have two huge dominant cysts on my ovary, not one. (twins) And she thought she saw "too much" cardiac activity. (twins) For now she's saying no though, or one might be smaller, and might not make it, but I will go back to check for sure. I also had sky-high betas (507 at 15dpo and 1731 at 18dpo) so I'm 99% sure I conceived twins, but I'll have to wait to see the outcome. My next scan is 10/9... So excited and nervous!

Do two cysts mean two eggs released? We definitely saw just one sac, but I guess you can have two in one and they can be on top of each other in the pic? Any insight? Thanks!
BFP #1: 7-26-08, natural m/c 6w4d; BFP #2: 12-6-08, natural m/c 6w5d
BFP #3: 2-26-09; DD born 10/30/09; 7lb3oz, 20.5in!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
BFP= #4: 9-8-13, hcg @ 14dpo: 507, 17dpo: 1731, doubling: 39 hours
Found a strong hb @ 5w6d; Measuring 4 days ahead, hb of 168 @ 8w4d!
So excited for Baby Sister! EDD: 5/24/14
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: ? Twins

• If you're on mobile, I'm only 6w so it makes sense that there wasn't a definitive answer today. :)
  • If it was all in one sac, it wouldn't be two eggs released.

You never know, though. Only time will tell.

Congrats on your pregnancy!
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think a cyst does form when an egg is released. My betas were normal if not a little low, and I am having monoamniatic twins (1 sac, 1 placenta), I would take betas with a grain of salt when determining twins. I had 4 u/s before we saw 2 little ones in there at 9 weeks b/c one was always hiding. I would say it is possible and time will tell. I wish you all the luck :)

I am thrilled we are having twins, but it is hard work and very emotional b/c I just want them here safely.

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Only an ultrasound can tell.  But if they were in the same sac, you would not have release 2 eggs (or more accurately, no matter how many eggs you released only 1 fertilized).  Also, I was under the impression tha cysts can occur when the follicle is there but no actual egg was inside.  Also, I don't think your betas are high at all, but I don't put much stock in betas predicting twins as mine were onl the low/average side.

Congrats on your pregnancy and hoping you get good news at your next US!

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • I had VERY cystic ovaries in my early pregnancy with the boys (they were spontaneous, so no fertility meds to cause any ovarian weirdness)  but only released one egg.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Ditto what PP said about betas. Higher than range betas could indicate twins, but they can also be explained by having a different O or conception date than thought. My betas were low as well (Mono di twins) and we clearly saw both babies and their yolk sacs at 6wks. It is possible for one to "hide" if they are mo-di or mo-mo, but they should be seen by 10wks if that's the case. What extra "stuff" did your tech see? I'm kinda curious. :)

You might have released 2 eggs, but having one sac means only 1 fertilized egg. If both had implanted you would see two sacs from the start. That single egg may have split, but the only real way to determine that will be a future u/s. Either way, congrats on your pregnancy!
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Thanks ladies! I knew you wouldn't have answers, but it just helps to vent it out. :)

And by "stuff", it was just that she saw a clear embryo, but there was more than just a yolk sac and primitive cord next to it (in that it was larger than it should be), almost like two things were on top of each other.
  • I had 2 eggs release. But for me, my twins implanted about 4-6 days later than the first. Right now we are worried that baby B might not make it because that sac is so small in comparison. I will find out on October 17th. 
    Racheal- a newly single, student mom to 3 boys 

CC 10/2005
    NC 11/2009
    DC 08/2012

and TEAM GREEN 05/2014

• OP, do you have a picture of your scan?
    Racheal- a newly single, student mom to 3 boys 

CC 10/2005
    NC 11/2009
    DC 08/2012

and TEAM GREEN 05/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"