November 2012 Moms
Options

FFFC

I know that some of us have a one heck of a week. Did you do anything that you aren't so proud of?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC

• Options
    My living room is littered with baby toys. I have no plans of decluttering any time soon. Baby needs to play.

• Options
    I'm swamped at work and I'm bumping instead because I'm just so tired from O being up at night so much this week and I don't feel like working.

I got snippy with the Best Buy customer service guy yesterday because he wanted me to tell him what day we bought our dishwasher. I told him I barely know what day it is today, how am I supposed to remember what day we bought a dishwasher when it was well over a month ago. I feel bad because it's not his fault they ask that dumb question for security verification but I was so annoyed. I just wanted a simple freaking answer and instead I had to go through this whole security verification process.

I've been tired/stressed/grumpy all week and this morning DH told me that he hopes I get some rest this weekend so I'll be nice to him again. Of course I just rolled my eyes and said "you and me both, dude." Guess I need to work on being a little nicer this weekend 
    :-S

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    JKVogt said:
    My living room is littered with baby toys. I have no plans of decluttering any time soon. Baby needs to play.

The only time my living room doesn't look like this is when the cleaning lady is coming.  Why put them all away when she's just gonna pull them all out again? I love watching her move from toy to toy as she plays.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    kiraliz2 said:
    Maybe my FFFC should be that I put away the baby toys every night? I didn't know that was odd :\">  I just can't stand clutter.

I was thinking the same thing put I didn't have the guts to say so.. granted we have a small living room that people walk through all day.. also I like to see which toys she chooses to get out each morning... books, toybox, play table or stuffed animals
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    credcat7 said:

kiraliz2 said:

Maybe my FFFC should be that I put away the baby toys every night? I didn't know that was odd :\">  I just can't stand clutter.

I was thinking the same thing put I didn't have the guts to say so.. granted we have a small living room that people walk through all day.. also I like to see which toys she chooses to get out each morning... books, toybox, play table or stuffed animals

I normally pick every thing up at night and at naptime. I am just not doing it this time. I know that I probably won't last all day.

• Options
    i had a crazy sexy dream the other night with random hot men and i didnt want it to end....it was in a tropical setting too  - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    I put D's toys away several times through the day because he likes them neat. He plays better if they are cleaned up. Then he can clutter and move things around the way he likes.

My version of brushing his teeth are letting him chew on his tooth brush for 10-15 a day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    10-15 minutes???  That's a lot!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I have no interest in doing anything today. 
    I need to get a few groceries and some pantyhose for a wedding next weekend. 
    I've don't pretty much zero work today. 
    I plan to go shopping when LO wakes up from his nap. 
  • Options
    credcat7 said:
    10-15 minutes???  That's a lot!
    Well he doesnt always chew on the bristles, Sometimes he is chewing on the handle. Or crawling around with it. So he pretty much just has free play with the toothbrush.

• Options
    This is DHs mentality and it drives me insane!! I hate messes
    JKVogt said:

The only time my living room doesn't look like this is when the cleaning lady is coming.  Why put them all away when she's just gonna pull them all out again? I love watching her move from toy to toy as she plays.

I'm very surprised both DH and I let it go because we are both very neat.  I used to pick it all up every day, but I saw it as a lost cause.  We also don't have a ton of toys, so its not a huge mess.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

• Options
    I've already started Christmas shopping.  I can't help it.  I love holidays so much!

• Options
    @MommaColborn I just told DH that we should start ours next week. We are buying for just the kiddos this year. I would just rather have it done.

• Options

@JKVogt - We are cutting back a lot this year and mainly just buying for the kids as well.  I got LO a Little People Disney Princess Castle.  It's usually $49.99, but I only paid $34.99 due to a Target sale and a coupon on coupons.com.  Too good to pass up!

• Options
    I baked cinnamon rolls for breakfast and a batch of pumpkin cookies earlier this afternoon, but called DH and asked him to pick up pizza for dinner because "I'm tired and don't feel like cooking"

• Options
    kjmommy1214kjmommy1214 member
    edited September 2013
    I just took an hour and a half nap with LO. It was amazing. I could have been figuring out dinner or cleaning. No regrets!! ETA: I did pick up toys before I laid down.

• Options
    I'm half way done with Christmas shopping already.. Mostly because yesterday me and mom and A had a big day out of shopping.
  • Options
    I got so impassioned about a health and safety problem at work this morning that I lectured my boss for the better part of 30 minutes about it, only to have him respond "I'm not stupid. I have worked here".

This is a) a problem with my obsessive attention to H&S details and b) working in a multilingual environment. He really thinks I was condescending to him. I really wasn't. I think my  boss is a genius - like MacArthur award genius. He's also a really unassuming guy - so I'm not so proud about accidentally upsetting him.

• Options
    I mean - he doesn't have a Macarthur award. He's just that type. 
  • Options
    D has been on a weird sleep schedule lately. Waking up at 2am and going to sleep at 4pm. He adjusts his schedule like this quite often and I think it is because DH works 3rd shift from home so he knows when Daddy is home and wants to be up with him. Normally it is no big deal.

But this afternoon he spent two hours crying. I tried everything to console him, comfort him. I have no idea what the problem was other than he suddenly had a ton of drool every where. I knew he was tired but he refused to sleep. He smacked me hard in the face and threw his food bowl on the floor. I was frustrated and yelled Gdamnit.  Not my best parenting moment.

• Options
    I have come as close as I ever have to being drunk. Too bad that I can never actually bring myself to do it. 8 beers in and it is time for bed. Maybe I need something stronger.

• Options

8 beers and ur not drunk??! I'm impressed

I felt the relaxed buzz, but DH says that I am too slow of a drinker. It did take me quite some time to get them down. I get too busy talking and forget about my drinks, especially since FIL was there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"