Late Term and Child Loss

PAL Check In

Welcome to Friday PAL Checkin! This CheckIn is for everyone who is parenting after a loss. If you have an older child or a rainbow baby or both you are welcome to share here.

I hope everyone is having a good week. If anyone has any suggestions for questions, please don't be shy!

Where are you in your PAL journey?

What are some PAL challenges you have faced recently?

QOTW: Has having a loss effected how many children you want to have?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: PAL Check In

• Where are you in your PAL journey? Anna is 8.5 months actual, 5.5 mo adjusted

What are some PAL challenges you have faced recently? Just really missing Patricia and wishing she were here. The other day we went to the zoo and I saw someone with my stroller with the little ride-along platform on the back for the big sibling. We should have had one of those for Patricia. 

QOTW: Has having a loss effected how many children you want to have? We have never really had a set number in mind. Anna's premature birth affects it more than Patricia's death because now we are dealing with a specific condition that's likely to occur again as opposed to an unexplained event like Patricia's death was. 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I have been researching a different type of therapy for Anna's CP called the Anat Baniel method. I read her book and watched a lot of youtube videos, and after 24 hours of using the methods, Anna rolled belly to back for the first time! Her work is really inspiring me to begin emerging from the dark cloud I've been under since Patricia's death and see Anna in a new way. We are going to pursue this method but unfortunately it's very expensive so I am nervous about financing it. 

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Where are you in your PAL journey? A week away from 2 yrs.

What are some PAL challenges you have faced recently? My youngest son's birthday and no little sister to celebrate with him. Once again.

QOTW: Has having a loss effected how many children you want to have? Bri was going to be our last one but now my dh has said he wants more than just one more. I kinda do too so they can grow up together like our sons are doing. But we've been having trouble conceiving just one so I don't know if I can make his wish come true.
    Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Sick of everyone asking if we're gonna try for another one. We have been for the last year and failing at it. I just wish people would keep that question to themselves. 
    Tim 12/30/00 Brad 4/30/02 Alex 9/29/03 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"