June 2012 Moms
Options

UO/FFFC time

I hate fake eyelashes. They are obnoxiously fake looking and it's really (really) obvious when you arent wearing a full face of makeup.

I was kinda snippy at work today. Coworker #1 get off your phone and please be aware that we all mentally monitor how much you do because its not as much as the rest of us. Coworker #2 yes, poking children with needles sucks, but it's part of our job. You dont get to skip every one because youre new. In fact, you should be doing every single one until youre comfortable with it. 

Re: UO/FFFC time

• Options
    Samiantha101Samiantha101 member
    edited September 2013

I haven't gone to the dentist in 10 years. Last time was when I was still on my dad's insurance. Dental was briefly available when I joined DH's insurance, but I was too lazy to make an appointment. And even without insurance, a cleanup shouldn't be that expensive...

I hadn't been to a dentist in 5 years, but for the past 5 years I have had dental insurance more often than not. I lost my insurance after I quit my job last September, and I never bothered to take advantage of my husband's. Well, I ended up with a mouth infection not long ago, which prompted me to get added to the dental insurance. Luckily, I have great teeth and no cavities. Woot woot!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hate fake nails and French manicured toes are tacky!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH hasn't been to the dentist since he was a kid. He's now 36. He's had dental insurance for at least the last 8 years. I think he's honestly afraid to go. He used tobacco for several years (until I pestered him to quit) so no telling what's going on in that mouth. Our insurance just changed (with his new job) so I have to switch dentists. I think if I like the new guy, I'll just make DH and appointment and tell him when to be there. I'm pretty sure if I don't do it, he'll never go.

• Options
    DS and I just had a slice of cake each at breakfast. I am so winning Mom of the Year this year. :p

• Options
    Go to the dentist people! I didn't go to the dentist for 5 years in grad school. I figured I probably had a few cavities, but nothing too bad. When I finally went, I had 3 cavities and needed 2 root canals! You know what's cheaper and less painful than a root canal? Getting a cleaning every 6 months. That's my unsolicited psa for the day.

I judge the crap out of people who jay walk. It drives me insane. Yesterday a very pregnant woman with two young children crossed in the middle of a 4 lane road. WTH lady? It's super dangerous and you're teaching your kids to do it too. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't understand jay walking. There weren't redlights where I grew up, much less sidewalks. If there's not a corner at which to cross, is it still jay walking? Totally just curious, not picking.

• Options
    I wouldn't consider that jay walking, if there are no other options, you have to cross somewhere. This lady was approximately 30 yards from a crosswalk. Instead of using it, she walked out into 5pm traffic on a 4 lane road with her 2 young kids. Traffic had to come to a standstill for her. Annoys me to no end!
  • Options
    I totally understand how that would be annoying. I just always wonder a little when I cross a road...if there aren't crosswalks, is it still jay walking?

On the flip side, it drives me nuts when you're leaving a store and people blatantly drive through the crosswalk in a rush without caring that you've trying to get a screaming infant out of the rain. I try to tell myself they must have been in a hurry for a good reason, but I still fight the urge to shoot birds at them. :p

• Options
    DawnLillyDawnLilly member
    edited September 2013

I totally understand how that would be annoying. I just always wonder a little when I cross a road...if there aren't crosswalks, is it still jay walking?

On the flip side, it drives me nuts when you're leaving a store and people blatantly drive through the crosswalk in a rush without caring that you've trying to get a screaming infant out of the rain. I try to tell myself they must have been in a hurry for a good reason, but I still fight the urge to shoot birds at them. :p

On the other side of this; I hate when people in a parking lot walk diagonally across the lane or cross walk right in front of the store instead of cutting straight across. Your lazy walmart but can take the extra few steps to get out of the way of waiting traffic.

Oh and people getting annoyed with the cart retrievers. They are usually going as fast as they can and they work in some pretty crappy weather for pretty crappy pay.
  • Options
    I hate when people stop for J walkers. Im not going to get rearended so you can be an idiot. You can wait in the median until I pass. Im a jerk about this :P

• Options

Totally agree, I'm just a fan of everyone following the rules. Pedestrians, cars, cyclists, etc. I do go a bit over the top with jay walking though, I admit. I won't enter the crosswalk if the light is blinking even if there are no cars in sight. This annoys DH to no end, lol
  • Options
    I love bald guys and being kissed with a beard is the sexiest thing ever
  • Options
    Bald is ok, comb overs are NOT ok. Beard? No thanks, too scratchy
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Bald is ok, comb overs are NOT ok. Beard? No thanks, too scratchy
    Agreed
    *with the combover part

This discussion has been closed.