Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Help with hearing concerns

Dd is about to be 9 months old, though was born a month early so for development we go by adjusted age which would be 8 months. She 'talks' nonstop, mostly yelling and squealing at us with tons of blowing raspberries. She still does not babble consonants at all. We heard a very distinct 'ga' sound yesterday, but that's really it. Anyhow, my bigger concern is that she absolutely does not turn to voices. I have seen her startle to some sounds and turn to some others, so I know she can hear at least some things, but she just never turns to voices. Now, our house is loud and she is in daycare all day, so it is possible she ignores many sounds. However, when I go to pick her up at daycare, I will say her name over and over and over and still nothing, and at this point, every other baby in the room is looking at me. Of course, when she finally sees me she gets super excited and squeals, but she completely didn't hear me before that. When she was born, she failed the hearing screen (so did my son who has perfect hearing), but we did that follow-up one where they hooked her up to a computer and she passed. Any thoughts or experiences here? TIA! 
imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Help with hearing concerns

• You should really be talking to her pediatrician. Good luck!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Thanks ladies. I scheduled an apt with audiology for a few weeks from now and also went to the ped just to make sure her eardrums looked ok (they did) and there wasn't some major wax build-up (a little, but not tons).
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"