Multiples
Options

Seriously...

I should make MoM bingo cards for whenever we go out in public. DH and I already take bets on how many people will comment either to us or behind our backs as we go about our business. Things like...

"Are they identical"
"Natural"
"Do twins run in your family"
"How big were they"
"You must have your hands full"
"Are you done having kids"
"I always wanted twins"

I'm sure you lovely ladies have plenty more to add. Bingo anyone? :)
J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13

Re: Seriously...

• Options
    "Are they a boy and a girl?" (regardless of what your twins are wearing)
    "My neighbor's cousin's best friend's daughter has twins"
    "Double trouble"

• Options
    "You must not sleep much."
    "A boy and a girl, now you can be done!"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How about just plain ol "Twins??"
  • Options
    "Oh look at you! You made it out of the house!"
    Or
    "No thanks."
    Or
    "Wait... There's two!?"
  • Options
    Missi576Missi576 member
    edited September 2013
    ~laugh~  I should have read this board before I agreed to trying for more children with my husband!  Is this what we have to look forward to?  ~facepalm~

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Missi576 said:

~laugh~  I should have read this board before I agreed to trying for more children with my husband!  Is this what we have to look forward to?  ~facepalm~

Lol! Every.single.outing.

I got a lot of comments when I had DD. Those are nothing compared to what we get with the twins now. Or when we go out grocery shopping with all three. If it doesn't let up I will start planning for extra time on every errand just to accommodate random strangers stopping me to chat about the kiddos or tell me about twins they know. I think our record is eleven people in a single 30 minute grocery store run. :)
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
  • Options
    Lol! Every.single.outing. I got a lot of comments when I had DD. Those are nothing compared to what we get with the twins now. Or when we go out grocery shopping with all three. If it doesn't let up I will start planning for extra time on every errand just to accommodate random strangers stopping me to chat about the kiddos or tell me about twins they know. I think our record is eleven people in a single 30 minute grocery store run. :)

I have the same problem.  I went shopping with my boys and my mom on Monday.  What should have taken 10 minutes took about 45 because people kept stopping me to ask about my twins.  When we were leaving one of the stores she said, "How do you do it?  Every 5 seconds, someone comes up to you and asks the same damn things.  I'd lose it on someone by now." 

DH gets a bit flustered by the attention.  He is a very low key, quiet man who doesn't like to draw attention to himself (not an easy feat since he's 6'5").  I secretly enjoy watching him try to field questions while looking for the quickest escape route. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    "You've got your hands full" should be the free space on that bingo card.  

I think most of the common ones are covered above, but I'd like to add "Which one is older?" and "Do they cry a lot?" as slightly less common offerings.  I also get "Wow, that is an amazing stroller, how much did it cost?" all the time.  

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Options
    I get asked "what are their names?" all the damn time. Why do you care? Will you ever see me again?

• Options
    "You've got your hands full" should be the free space on that bingo card.  

I think most of the common ones are covered above, but I'd like to add "Which one is older?" and "Do they cry a lot?" as slightly less common offerings.  I also get "Wow, that is an amazing stroller, how much did it cost?" all the time.  
    Definitely! Though lately my twin gear has been getting more attention than the girls. lol. I've started using a buggy bench when I go grocery shopping (https://www.buggybench.com/ - it's awesome) and people are constantly stopping me and asking what it is and where I got it. I had a mom of grown twins tell me yesterday that she wishes all this cool stuff would've been available when she was raising her kids.
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • Options
    rac717rac717 member
    edited September 2013
    Oh and of course the other "Are they natural?" As in, they want to know how they were conceived.   Never ceases to amaze me that people I don't know/have never met before feel entitled to ask that.
    Having the best time ever as mom to Max and Emma, born April 6, 2013!

NYer by birth, I now call Buenos Aires home.

• Options
    I wrote a post about it for another blog.

Top 13 things heard as a parent of multiples :)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    (oops it's already in my sig. ha!)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    Lol! Every.single.outing. I got a lot of comments when I had DD. Those are nothing compared to what we get with the twins now. Or when we go out grocery shopping with all three. If it doesn't let up I will start planning for extra time on every errand just to accommodate random strangers stopping me to chat about the kiddos or tell me about twins they know. I think our record is eleven people in a single 30 minute grocery store run. :)
    Ain't nobody got time for that!  Can't wait, lol.
    imageimage

• Options
    Before I had my girls a woman behind me in the checkout line asked if I was carrying twins. When I said yes she randomly said, well don't worry, twins are slower developing than just one baby so it won't be so bad. My best friend had twins 30 years ago, so I know exactly what your in for. WTH? Now I make my mom go with me to the store, she takes one girl, I take the other and since she lollygags down the aisle, no one picks up on the twins :0)
  • Options
    I'm about to head out to the store for the first time on my own (if I can figure out our snap n go stroller) because I have been cooped up for three weeks with a family of flies that are driving me nuts!

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options

"are you done having kids"

This one drives me crazy...I'm like, can I have these 1st OR must we proclaim now what we will do???  Also, alot of people are like,"oh that's a great way to get them both out of the way and be done....." OK...they have NO idea!

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Mamavogel said:

Before I had my girls a woman behind me in the checkout line asked if I was carrying twins. When I said yes she randomly said, well don't worry, twins are slower developing than just one baby so it won't be so bad. My best friend had twins 30 years ago, so I know exactly what your in for. WTH?

OMG that's as bad as my client who told me to not feel bad if I wasn't excited after finding out since "most times one or both babies won't make it."

imageimage
  • Options
    My babies aren't here yet, but I'm so SICK of the "Do twins run in your family" question. Well, yes, but I have identical which isn't genetic so I just got double lucky? Does that make twins less "Special" if you were genetically dispositioned to have them?

Mono/Di Twins - Due March 3, 2014 (Realist EDD - Feb 5, 2014)

Mommy to Jericho - 2 Years Old.

• Options
    The worst one for me is, "Aren't you glad there wasn't triplets?"  Sometimes I just smile and say I've got to go, but occasionally I snap, "There was a third baby that didn't make it and no, I'm not glad."  People really need to think before they speak.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The one I hate the most is "better you than me!" as if my twins are some kind of curse. I agree though, it is better me than them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Today I got, "Oh cute! A girl and a boy! How do you tell them apart?"  Ok, dumbass.  It's 2 girls wearing the same outfits in different colors and both wearing headbands.  But, I suppose to answer your question, if it was a girl and a boy I guess the penis would be a dead give away to help me tell them apart.
  • Options
    My sister got "Are they both yours?"  Which is why when we have ours we're going to have the comment "They were 2 for 1 at the hospital" or "one was on clearance at Walmart and we figured, what the hell, why not?"  ready for those idiots.

• Options
    ceechieceechie member
    edited September 2013

Mamavogel said:

Before I had my girls a woman behind me in the checkout line asked if I was carrying twins. When I said yes she randomly said, well don't worry, twins are slower developing than just one baby so it won't be so bad. My best friend had twins 30 years ago, so I know exactly what your in for. WTH?

OMG that's as bad as my client who told me to not feel bad if I wasn't excited after finding out since "most times one or both babies won't make it."
    I had a client tell me when I announced I was prego with twins "oh honey, you have other options..."
    WTH?!? Or I can have twins and be happy? Just gross lady.
  • Options
    Or maybe a drinking game? Much more fun! :)
  • Options
    If you have older kids, then it is apparently easy because "you have helpers!" Yes, my big kids can feed and dress themselves. No, it isn't easy to keep refluxy newborn twins asleep when they slam the door open and closed 3,000 times an hour because I kicked them outside because there was constant arguing, fart sounds, and incessant "hamboning" in my kitchen. My older kids are awesome, but they aren't hired nannies, and aren't instant and permanent babysitters.
  • Options
    And unlike those of you with B/G twins, I am actually required to try for a girl (having 4 boys and all). I sure might do so, but only because the lady at the grocery store said I had to!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"