Bedtime Routine — The Bump
Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Bedtime Routine

I'm sorry if this has been posted before. 
My LO is 5 weeks and the pedi recommends that we start a bedtime routine. How old is your LO and what, if any, is your bedtime routine? Thank you!!

Re: Bedtime Routine

• DD is 11 weeks old. We do a bath around 7:30, then lotion and pj's. I take her to say goodnight to DS and DH if he is home. Then we do a bottle in her room with lights off and white noise. I bounce/rock her until she closes her eyes and then she goes in the crib. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get her to stay asleep but once she's down (around 8) she sleeps until 3 or 4, eats, and then is up around 8.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    [Deleted User]
  • 7 weeks.

Bath (with soap 3 times a week; just water the other times)
    Boob
    Swaddle, paci, white noise, kisses
    Bed

I start this at about 7:30 and she is usually asleep by 8.  She loves the bath but I don't drag it out because I don't want the water to start getting cold.  10 minutes tops.  I keep the lights dim and TV off starting at 7:00 too.

• Loading the player...
  • LO is 11 weeks on Saturday. We start with her last bottle of the day between 8-8:30pm. We do a bath next, followed by lotion and pj's. We then end with a bedtime story, rock her, and put her down drowsy but awake. She's usually out between 9-9:30pm.

We've started this routine since the night we got home from the hospital. Except we only did sponge baths the first 2 weeks until her cord fell off.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 10 wks.. 9:30 bath with daddy 9:45-10:00 bottle 10:00-10:30 rock in glider In bassinet by 11
  • Our girl is 9 days old and we started a bedtime routine the first night we were home. Bible reading, songs, prayer, bed. Same thing we do with our son who is 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards