Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Not sure how I'm feeling...

So I went to see my family Doctor on Tuesday to see if he suggests switching OBs after the loss of Bean (my 3rd pregnancy). He agreed with my feelings, to stay with current OB (doing a great job getting all necessary testing done) and once I am pregnant then switch to the MFM.

However my issue is that my FM read me the results of the placenta and umbilical cord biopsy and it showed a multitude of issues. Individually the issues generally done cause an issue but due to the amount of them, the report believed that was the cause of the PROM.  Some of the issues included only 1 artery, meconium in the sac, clotting in the placenta, possible placenta abruption and a few others I didn't understand.

I dont know how I feel about this. At first I felt that this was good news, at least we have an idea that something was wrong. However now I feel worse, because all of these issues are coming from somewhere? AKA me or my Dh.  I think I felt better believe that it was just crap luck.

*******************************************************************************************************************
BFP#1 March24,2011  MC on May 29,2011 BFP#2 Sept,2011 MC Oct 2011 (Molar)
Started Progestrone Treatment, BFP#3 May 10,2013  PROM/PRL on Sept 7 2013
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers   
image        Use Ovuline to most accurately track your ovulation
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: Not sure how I'm feeling...

• Options
    Not knowing what happened can be hell.  Finding out what happened is just a different kind of hell.  Please be sure to to speak to your doctor in more depth about this pathology.  You mentioned more testing, hopefully that will help give you a clearer picture of what happened.  I am so sorry you find yourself in this situation and send you many Ts&Ps  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Options
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

I lost my son to a placental abruption due to trauma - I fell in a parking lot, got checked out to see that things were fine, then I had an abruption two days later [had no warning signs] and lost him. It took me forever to accept what had happened and stop blaming myself, because there was honestly no way I could have known anything was wrong. I had no signs of an abruption at all.

Like pp said, not knowing what happened is hell; knowing what happened is a different hell. My hope is that you can get all of the testing done that you need so that, when you decide to try again, you will have the right tools to have your rainbow baby. Sending lots of hugs your way.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.

This is place has really been a saviour for me.  Not many people around me want to hear about things related to the baby. We are the only couple out of many of our friends who have had difficulty. It seems like most of my so-called friends are just ignoring me at the moment. It makes having a place like this mean so much more.
    *******************************************************************************************************************
    BFP#1 March24,2011  MC on May 29,2011 BFP#2 Sept,2011 MC Oct 2011 (Molar)
    Started Progestrone Treatment, BFP#3 May 10,2013  PROM/PRL on Sept 7 2013
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers   
    image        Use Ovuline to most accurately track your ovulation
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options

Thanks ladies.

This is place has really been a saviour for me.  Not many people around me want to hear about things related to the baby. We are the only couple out of many of our friends who have had difficulty. It seems like most of my so-called friends are just ignoring me at the moment. It makes having a place like this mean so much more.
    I feel the same way about my friends... I don't talk to anyone but my fiancé, my mom, and all the angel moms here. I'm still waiting to get the results from my blood test and Domenik's genetics test. But I'm not sure what a pathology is, and I turned down an autopsy because I didn't want them to cut him open, I just felt like I didn't want him to go through anymore discomfort (hope I didn't make the wrong decision). I did find out after my delivery that his umbilical cord was twisted and knotted and the doctor just said it was because Domenik moved around too much. I'm hoping that was the only cause, but if not, I hope the answers are in the blood test. They also checked the placenta and said everything came back ok, there were no complications there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"