UO. Anyone? Anyone?

It's been pretty quiet around here.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: UO. Anyone? Anyone?

• Options
    I totally agree lol
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options
    This apparently is a UO in DH's family: I don't think grown adults should be asking their grandparents to give them money for essentials like rent and car registration, while they are out buying exotic pets, partying at bars, and planning trips to Hawaii. Two of his cousins, one on his dad's side and one on his mom's side, have done this recently.
    I also think that any grown child who has a job and still lives at home should be paying rent to his parents, no exceptions (inspired by my BIL).

These probably aren't really UO's, but it's the best I got today!
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kleigh926
    ITA. I have a sister who will be 29 in a few weeks. She has two kids, no job, being evicted from her apartment and nothing but the shirt on her back. She's been getting handouts from both parents since she was 18 and keeps ending up in the same position. I feel bad for her, especially since se has kids, but it's an endless cycle. She'll go live with my mom or dad, they'll give her money to get around, find her a job, she'll move out and end up getting fired and kicked out of her house and end up with one of our parents again. I want to knock some sense in to all of them, but what can you do.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    DC2London said:
    I don't think the BabyLegs are a fad, those suckers have been around for a while.  :-/

Mine is that I think a SWAT officer Halloween costume for a child is completely, totally inappropriate and I'm pretty irritated with Carter's for making it.
    Do not tell my DH that's a thing or he will go out and buy one - probably one for each girl - even though he doesn't like Halloween. ;)

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    DC2London said:

I don't think the BabyLegs are a fad, those suckers have been around for a while.  :-/

Mine is that I think a SWAT officer Halloween costume for a child is completely, totally inappropriate and I'm pretty irritated with Carter's for making it.
    DS was wearing a cream colored thermal the other day and DH said we should get him a green one and dress him up as Dexter for Halloween. Serial killer baby. He was joking though..mostly.

UO.. I don't think grandparents have a "right" to be part of a kids life. I hate my MIL, who just invited herself along to our son's first Major League Baseball game this weekend without our consent. I really really need to move out of driving distance from her.

I like cookies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like my coffee with just a tad bit of creamer to cut the bitterness and nothing else. I'd only ever buy a froo-froo coffee if I needed a laxative and think that people who buy them daily must have really good daily BM's.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    My friend invited us to a potluck at her house this weekend and told me what to bring. I was irrationally irritated and almost canceled because it's a potluck, girl! I should get to bring what I want.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

I really don't like baby outfits that consist of a shirt and shorts/pants.  The shirt always rides up, the pants rarely fit right and LO always has baby plumber's crack, and I find myself just yanking some article of clothing up or down all day long.  Give me a onesie or a romper or a sleep-n-play any day of the week.

Also, I hate overalls for babies.  And monkeys on anything.  I just don't get the monkey thing.

• Options
    jkuhmann said:

I really don't like baby outfits that consist of a shirt and shorts/pants.  The shirt always rides up, the pants rarely fit right and LO always has baby plumber's crack, and I find myself just yanking some article of clothing up or down all day long.  Give me a onesie or a romper or a sleep-n-play any day of the week.

Also, I hate overalls for babies.  And monkeys on anything.  I just don't get the monkey thing.

I used to feel the same way about monkeys in general. Those creatures creep me right now. Until my son got pair of pyjamas with a monkey face on the butt. Then I called him monkey butt every time he wore them and now I don't mind... And mine of late seems to be my husband. He seems to think I am his Stepford wife lately and it's pissing me off.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    PhieryBFlyPhieryBFly member
    edited September 2013
    We'll probably dress up for Halloween but for an unusual reason: it's my hubby's birthday and he loves nothing in the world more than his little girl (and me, of course) so an adorable dress-up day would probably be the highlight of his birthday this year! PS- what does UO stand for?
  • Options
    We'll probably dress up for Halloween but for an unusual reason: it's my hubby's birthday and he loves nothing in the world more than his little girl (and me, of course) so an adorable dress-up day would probably be the highlight of his birthday this year! PS- what does UO stand for?
    unpopular opinion, but most of them on here today seem pretty popular to me :- )

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP

• Options
    Mine is that I hate when I see people running errands dressed like they are going to the gym.
  • Options
    holly321 said:

Mine is that I hate when I see people running errands dressed like they are going to the gym.

Or in their pajama bottoms. Double points of they're wearing slippers.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    PeanutR1 said:
    holly321 said:

To play devils advocate, how do you know they didn't do that, too? Twice a week, I take a class noon-1, then have about an hour to run another errands before afternoon nap. So you might say that about me!
    This :-) After I went to my PP physical therapy class, I would sometimes go straight to the store still in my workout clothes because that was the only time I could fit it in. I'm not at all judgy about grocery store attire, but I would raise an eyebrow in other places, I think.

• Options
    holly321 said:

I used to hate this too, except I do it on practice days now.  I just don't see the point of putting on an outfit for errand running, then having to change into yoga pants and a workout tee for practice that afternoon.  All about streamlining.  Every other day, though, I at least put on jeans and a t-shirt.

• Options
    tamarar5tamarar5 member
    edited September 2013
    jkuhmann said:

I think you just described my son's entire wardrobe, lol! I love overalls because they keep his shirts clean when he army crawls.  I love the monkeys because they're just so dang CUTE! But I'm with you on the two-piece outfits.  Cute as they are, I hate adjusting his clothes all freaking day.  The only time they worked was in the summer when I would just put E in a shirt and his cloth diapers.

I feel dumb asking but... what does UO mean?
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    TamaraR4 said:
    jkuhmann said:

I think you just described my son's entire wardrobe, lol! I love overalls because they keep his shirts clean when he army crawls.  I love the monkeys because they're just so dang CUTE! But I'm with you on the two-piece outfits.  Cute as they are, I hate adjusting his clothes all freaking day.  The only time they worked was in the summer when I would just put E in a shirt and his cloth diapers.

Unpopular Opinion.  :-)

• Options
    jkuhmann said:

TamaraR4 said:

jkuhmann said:

Unpopular Opinion.  :-)

Ah, thanks! I've got lots of those! Mine right now is that I feel 6months is even still to young for solids. Ive.got a friend who just started her THREE month old on solids and now poor baby is having all kinds of tummy troubles. But her mom doesn't think the two are related.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"