TTC after 35

Weekly Check-In

Normally this will be on Wednesday but we were moving yesterday. Thanks to everyone who check in last week and we always welcome new people!

1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names)  and State you are from

2.  Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww  when will you test? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc)

3.  How do you feel about this cycle? (Are you hopeful, anxious... etc)

4. What is your partner's attitude regarding TTC?  Are they supportive?

QOTW:
What is your favorite thing to eat or drink in the Fall?
***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
- poor responder
***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
FET 5/20- BFP
1st Beta- 641
2nd beta- 2166
Sono- TWINS!!!!
Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

Re: Weekly Check-In

• ksgsmuksgsmu member
    edited September 2013

1. KSGSMU ... name is Katy

2.  I am 12dpo.... took a test with very diluted urine this morning ( I drank a ton of water before bed last night) and it was BFFN.  I might test tomorrow but only if my temps stay up... they ususally start going down 13dpo.

3.  Well since I got pregnant naturally a few cycles ago I am a bit more anxious now about testing although I don't know if I am really hopeful.  I am glad my cycle seems to be getting back on track.

4. My DH is super supportive.  He really took the miscarriage hard and is really wanting a  baby.  He wants me to get back to the RE so we can get the show on the road with another IUI. 

QOTW:
    What is your favorite thing to eat or drink in the Fall?  I love this green chili stew they sell at Central Market ( HEB Stores).  It comes in a jar and I add chicken and it so yummy and low carb.  My husband could eat bowls of it.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• @ksgsmu Good luck on the test tomorrow

1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names) and State you are from
    Pinto bean Louisiana

2. Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww when will you test? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc)
    I'm on cd7

3. How do you feel about this cycle? (Are you hopeful, anxious... etc)
    Since I just had a mc last week I'm not to optimistic. I'm just going with the flow.

4. What is your partner's attitude regarding TTC? Are they supportive?
    My husband is totally supportive. This will be his first child. It's really doing a number on my body having these MC, going on and off my meds is making things hard for me. He told me he's willing to do whatever it takes. Were going to start getting testing done next month to see what's going on.

QOTW:
    What is your favorite thing to eat or drink in the Fall? Gumbo!!! I just can't eat it when it's hot outside and I'm ready for some cold weather to make a huge pot of it. Last year I made a lot of dry roux that I keep in my cabinet so I can make a pot up easier anytime that I want it.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Liz from Long Island.

2. 5ish DPO. I will test on the 7th if AF hasn't come.

3. As some of you may have read from my post earlier in the week I was hopeful but now I'm not so much. I know I'm not totally out of the running but I have to be realistic and know this is probably not going to be my month.

4. My husband was supportive in the beginning and after our MC. Now he is done. We have 2 great children already and I think he likes that they are big now and life is pretty easy. I understand where he is coming from but something in me is telling me I need one more.

My favorite thing to eat in the fall is pumpkin muffins and apple pie. Oh and pumpkin spice latte. Of course I'm trying to loose weight so I won't get to enjoy much of that this year :((

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• 1. Your Name or Screen Name:  Kim from Minnesota

2.  Where are you in your cycle? I'm on day 13 of my cycle.  I tend to ovulate more towards day 18 or 19 of my cycle so right now I'm temping and started with OPK tests yesterday.

3.  How do you feel about this cycle? I feel neutral about this cycle as we are not actively TTC right now.  My hope is that my cycles continue to be regular, as they have been, and that I continue to ovulate because that gives me hope.

4. What is your partner's attitude regarding TTC?  As many of you have read, my husband is not on board with TTC right now and hasn't been for the past 10 months.  We TTC from May of 2012 to November of 2012 and ever since then we've been on a break from TTC.  We plan to start TTC again in January of 2014, fingers crossed.  My husband is much younger than me (I'm 36 and he's 28 - 29 tomorrow) so I don't think he understands how loudly that clock is ticking.

QOTW:
    What is your favorite thing to eat or drink in the Fall?  I pretty much like anything pumpkin flavored.  Pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins.  You get the idea :-)  I also have a turkey chili that I love to make.  It's good and spicy and SOOO yummy! 

I love this weekly check-in, by the way! :-)
  • 1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names)  and State you are from Jchickiem or Jennifer from Texas

2.  Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww  when will you test? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc) I am at the end of my TWW and probably wont need to test because I've been spotting.

3.  How do you feel about this cycle? (Are you hopeful, anxious... etc) I'm very disappointed. I had great EWCM, great timing, and a positive OPK for the first time ever. Oh well. I might be out of town during my next FW.

4. What is your partner's attitude regarding TTC?  Are they supportive? MH is very supportive and eager to have another child.

QOTW:
    What is your favorite thing to eat or drink in the Fall? Coffee. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 37--Thyroid Cancer survivor. H:38. DS born 6/22/2011; BFP#2--11/5/12--Missed miscarriage discovered 12/21/2012.  BFP#3--5/20/14--another MMC 6/16/14.
  • 1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names)  and State you are from: 
    Soontobeshrader, Leanna from Northern Virginia

2.  Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww  when will you test? Waiting to O, cd 21. I am not hopeful I will ovulate, so making some hard decisions right now.

3.  How do you feel about this cycle? (Are you hopeful, anxious... etc)  I'm not hopeful at all. I feel like my health is affecting my fertility so I'm going to try to lose weight. I don't ovulate often so I don't know when to time things. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to stop actively ttc until the new year. My focus will be on weight-loss. I am going to push the doc for the initial testing, just to get it out of the way. But no more fertility drugs until I've dropped some weight.

4. What is your partner's attitude regarding TTC?  Are they supportive? DH is supportive. He doesn't necessarily want a child, but he'd be happy to have one. He just wants me to be happy and I love him for it.

QOTW:
    I love to transition to hot coffee in the fall. I usually drink one cup of iced coffee in summer...so it's back to hot now! 
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• 1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names)  and State you are from: 
    mindaa from Phoenix

2.  Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww  when will you test? Waiting to O 

3.  How do you feel about this cycle? (Are you hopeful, anxious... etc)  Resigned, indifferent, feeling old and ridiculous and getting tired of being hopeful. So this week I researched and created a long list of Biblical "confessions" related to childbearing... to get me back to a hopeful place. 

4. What is your partner's attitude regarding TTC?  Are they supportive? Yes, he's on board, though it has taken a couple years :) 
    QOTW:
    What is your favorite thing to eat or drink in the Fall?  I heart pumpkin, too! Going to make my first batch of cookies next week... along with smoothies (it's still pretty hot in Phoenix) and, once it cools down a bit, soup. 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• 1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names) and State you are from: Heather from NJ

2. Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww when will you test? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc) cd16, probably still waiting to O never sure though

3. How do you feel about this cycle? (Are you hopeful, anxious... etc) Yes all of it

4. What is your partner's attitude regarding TTC? Are they supportive? He is pretty supportive, he feels if we have one great if not great. Still trying for me though :)

QOTW:
    What is your favorite thing to eat or drink in the Fall? Well there is always hot chocolate or hot apple cider, or apple cider donuts, but soon starbucks will put out the Gingerbread Latte which I <3!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• !. 2ndGeneration

2. According to the clearblue easy digital thingy (lol) I am O today! Gotta date with dh for tonight haha : ) too bad we have to get up and run so early in the morn. First time using the digital opk, it was flashing smiley for DAYS but today I got the solid smiley, a couple days later than I thought I would.

3. Dh is supportive now...we had a m/c in May and he was not ready to try again till recently. I wanted to and I struggle with the lost time-at 42 I have NO time to spare.

favorite fall food is probably apple items. Living in CT apples are everywhere, literally. I detest pumpkin LOL
  • 1. Becky from Pittsburgh.

2. Waiting for October 3rd so I can call clinic to see if a donor is available.

3. Depends on which day you ask me. Today I'm just feeling old and tired :(

4. Like amlrunner and sointobeshrader stated MH will be a great dad if this works but he really didn't want a child at our age. Its more me. He would of loved having a baby if it didn't cost so much!! Glad he is on board.

QOTW:
    I do not like anything pumpkin!! Apples all the way! Guess it would be hot chocolate. I'm so boring :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• @2ndGeneration I dislike anything pumpkin related too!! I might be able to handle this one pumpkin dip but only because it doesn't have that pumpkin taste!!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• @ksgsmu: Good luck! Care to share if you tested?
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Normally this will be on Wednesday but we were moving yesterday. Thanks to everyone who check in last week and we always welcome new people!

1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names) and State you are from
    Heather, Dragonfly711, New York!!

2. Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww when will you test? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc)
    2ww, CD16, will test if AF doesn't show up.

3. How do you feel about this cycle? (Are you hopeful, anxious... etc) not good. Had sex once during the peak time. Hubby is having a hard time under the pressure of having to perform every other day during that time :(
    Going to talk to the Dr Monday since it is 6 months since MC.

4. What is your partner's attitude regarding TTC? Are they supportive?
    He seems like if it happens it happens. So stressful for me since I am focused and waiting to TTC ever month. Not sure what to do.

QOTW:

Anything pumpkin or apple. :)

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• BeckyP005 said:

1. Becky from Pittsburgh.

2. Waiting for October 3rd so I can call clinic to see if a donor is available.

3. Depends on which day you ask me. Today I'm just feeling old and tired :(

4. Like amlrunner and sointobeshrader stated MH will be a great dad if this works but he really didn't want a child at our age. Its more me. He would of loved having a baby if it didn't cost so much!! Glad he is on board.

QOTW:
    I do not like anything pumpkin!! Apples all the way! Guess it would be hot chocolate. I'm so boring :)

Love hot chocolate!!!

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(

• !. 2ndGeneration

2. According to the clearblue easy digital thingy (lol) I am O today! Gotta date with dh for tonight haha : ) too bad we have to get up and run so early in the morn. First time using the digital opk, it was flashing smiley for DAYS but today I got the solid smiley, a couple days later than I thought I would.

3. Dh is supportive now...we had a m/c in May and he was not ready to try again till recently. I wanted to and I struggle with the lost time-at 42 I have NO time to spare.

favorite fall food is probably apple items. Living in CT apples are everywhere, literally. I detest pumpkin LOL

I am with you. We had our loss in February. We have been TTC but hubby has a hard time TTC daily or even every other day during the window. We are lucky if we can get one maybe two days in. So frustrating for me. He is going to be 42 and I will be 40 in February. Time is not o our side. Just wish he would be more into it.

• 1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names)  and State you are from Kate from New Zealand

2.  Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww  when will you test? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc) In the 2 ww resisting the urge to POAS every day. I always make myself wait until my period is at least a day late.

3.  How do you feel about this cycle? (Are you hopeful, anxious... etc) Hopeful, because I'm a ridiculous optimist, and even though I have no reason to think my cycle is regular, and only thinking I O'd based on CM not temping or OPKs, so I have no real basis for my hopefulness.

4. What is your partner's attitude regarding TTC?  Are they supportive? DH is supportive, but really he hasn't had to think about anything beyond having sex. I think though if for some reason we had difficulty TTC#3, he would be less inclined than me to look at our options.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"