1st Trimester
Options

First appointment

What is to be expected at the first appointment? What are they going to do??

Re: First appointment

• Options
    abbyfulabbyful member
    edited September 2013
    They will go over your and baby's dad's medical history, give you a bunch of info on pregnancy, do a pap smear if you are due for one, take some blood, and usually an ultrasound.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sounds like I'm going to have a busy morning that morning!! Thanks!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine just does paperwork at the first appointment and then schedules an 8 week appt for an ultrasound.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Did you/ are you planning on taking the dad with you for the first visit?
  • Options
    I'm 8 weeks today from my last cycle and from what the ER told me Saturday night. I'm hoping they do an ultrasound! I'm hoping he can go. Our appointment is on his birthday. Think it would be a wonderful birthday if he gets to see our lil one!!
  • Options
    This might sound horrible- but does the father have to go? Or does it look bad? We are going on vacation next week and the week after that is our first appt. he works for a package delivery company and is entering peek season which is long weeks and hours with no time off
  • Options
    Nope, totally optional for anyone else to be there. And my doc does not due an ultrasound 1st visit unless there is cause for concern
  • Options
    My first appointment will just be us and nurse going through our family medical history, along with lab work, and all the information on what I "should and should not" be doing.  An ultrasound isn't included with that appointment and I go back 4 weeks later for an ultrasound. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    I wouldn't count on an ultrasound.  Sounds like some docs do it and some don't (or maybe it depends on your insurance).  With both of my pregnancies I only had one ultrasound at 20 weeks.  We did get to hear the heartbeat at the first visit (which I didn't get until 10 weeks), which was exciting.
    Photoset 15 of 15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"