Blended Families
Options

Semi BFR:Impact of Divorce on Children essay ideas

emme022emme022 member
edited September 2013 in Blended Families
Hi,
So my SO has to write an essay for his english class on the topic of The Impact of Divorce on Children, but that is the "broad topic" and the actual essay has to be narrowed in on something like "what do I want to prove about ____ or what is important about ____".  The essay also can not use any academic resources including googling any information, books, magazine articles etc and it also can not be a personal essay but "one or two personal examples are ok".  So for the record I think this is kind of ridiculous to ask of students because with all of those restrictions it is a lot harder to write a good paper buuut I told SO I would ask here.....
Does anyone have any suggestions, comments, whatever haha.  Any thoughts would be helpful.  Thanks in advance I know this is a PITA.  
ETA: Just wanted to make sure everyone knew I do not even remotely mean blended families or their dynamics are a PITA. I just meant SO's teacher and the assignment. She also made them do an hour long exam on the syllabus so yea she's fun. Thanks for any and all help. :)

Re: Semi BFR:Impact of Divorce on Children essay ideas

• Options
    Yes, it's a very broad topic, but there are so many possible implications of divorce on children.  Remarriage is one, Separation from one parent or the other at times, distance, change of home, half siblings and step siblings.  All of this is part of divorce and a major issue, one by one, for a child.  Narrowing it down, perhaps introducing a new SO to the child?  The child's introduction to a new home, new room, ect?  

For example, "I want to prove the introduction of a new SO has the possible following implications"  or "It is important to recognize a child of divorce's reaction to a half sibling"

I don't think it't PITA, it's life in a blended family. 
  • Options
    HChad said:

I don't think it't PITA, it's life in a blended family. 

I think this may up in the quote box? To be honest I have only had a smart phone/iPhone since last sept and I didn't even start using the Internet on it until jan ish.

But anyways I just wanted to add that SO is tech part of blended family(2 year old daughter from an ex and we plan to marry) if it was up to me we would just go to the JOP but he first wanna make me miss out on what I wanted before I met him and LO

This whole way long thing was basically today I def do not think blended families are a PITA, it's my SO's assignment and the teacher haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe something about learning to follow two sets of rules for two different homes? Or effect of school work when child brings work to different homes (it might make their academics suffer, but might make them more independent and responsible). Participation in extra-curriculars....
    image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
  • Options
    What in and out parents do to the kids. Especially to special needs kids (mine is autistic).

I have one with severe abandonment issues because of how his father left. Then he is in and out. Consistent for a bit and then gone for long periods. I tried  to go back to work a part time 3rd shift after my daughter was born (had not worked for 2 years) and my eldest had panic attacks every night. Acted out at school, ate the skin of his fingertips and inside his mouth all the way around. After 4 1/2 weeks we knew it was not getting better and so I no longer work. Even though I left when he was asleep and daddy was home.

This is the same 6 year old who decides on and off that his biological father is NOT his father in any way and should be called by his first name. That is how he separates himself from the pain.  What is even more messed up is, ex and I get along just fine. So it is not like I am a ex that yells or plays keep away.
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"