November 2012 Moms
Options

Daycare strikes again....

So, last Thursday I get call from daycare at 3. V has a fever, come get him. Take him to pedi. He's got 102.7. Dr says she thinks its coxackie. I'm not convinced as he ate like a champ and was so happy all weekend despite fevers of 103. Fever broke Sat night, he was fine all day Sun so I sent him to daycare Monday.

Fast forward to today. Got call at 3:30. V has fever...100.9 not terrible, don't rush we just wanted you to know. So I am there 20 min later. He's a sad sack. Looks awful. Got him home....temp was 103. Poor kid. Taking him to pedi tomorrow morning. 

It's not even October 1st. Been back at school less than a month and we are on fever number 2. Ugh!

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daycare strikes again....

• Options
    I'm sorry that V isn't feeling well. H had a pretty continuous string of colds/illnesses when he started DC. It's so hard, but I have to remind myself that it's building his immune system. Hopefully it will give them a leg up when they start school. I hope your little man is feeling better!

image   My chart 

• Options
    I'm sorry.  We've gone through a string of illnesses at DC to.  I can only hope its coming to an end soon.  I think I've suffered (caught everything she's had) worse than her.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Boo! DC sickness is the worst and makes me feel guilty for sending O to DC when she gets sick. BUT- they have to go through this at some point...whether it's DC or when they start school. Hope he feels better soon!

• Options
    This was us too, the first few weeks of daycare she had a lot of fevers and there was a lot of picking up baby early from DC. Hang in there, it will get better!
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies.

I know in the long run this is good for him, but I just have mommy guilt about daycare. 

It turns out this was an ear infection (his 2nd in 2 months). Pretty bad in left ear according to pedi. My poor little guy. I take back every mean thing I've said in the middle of the night the last week. Lol. 

Two doses of amoxicillin and he's a different kid already. Still seeing that hyper thing that I saw the first time I gave it to him, but he does eventually settle. 
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel your pain. We just got back from a family trip to Barcelona and my baby caught the measels (more than likely at the Rotterdam airport based on the incubation period). She was due for her MMR vaccine in October so talk about bad timing! Then to make matters worse she caught the cold from her Dad so she's been sick the past three weeks with aches and pains, fevers, rash, congestion, runny nose etc. She's finally better but it's been rough. Don't feel guilty about your little one; mine's never been in daycare but she still got sick.....kids get sick no matter where you take them. 

Our little one hasn't had an ear infection yet....I'm dreading it though as it will happen eventually:)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jg1011 said:
    Thanks Ladies.

I know in the long run this is good for him, but I just have mommy guilt about daycare. 

It turns out this was an ear infection (his 2nd in 2 months). Pretty bad in left ear according to pedi. My poor little guy. I take back every mean thing I've said in the middle of the night the last week. Lol. 

Two doses of amoxicillin and he's a different kid already. Still seeing that hyper thing that I saw the first time I gave it to him, but he does eventually settle. 
    It's the red dye in the Amoxicillin. You can ask them to give you a different antibiotic or some pharmacy's offer the dye-free Amox. I gave O one dose of it for her ear infection and she was bouncing off the freakin' walls so I looked up "amoxicillin and hyperactivity" and found all kinds of stuff about the red dye and how bad it is for kids (well, everyone). Since she'd only had one dose, I asked the doctor to switch antibiotics.

Have you ever considered a chiropractor visit for his ears? I started taking O about a month or so ago and I'm a convert! I've heard from lots of people that they were about to have to do tubes and decided to try out a chiropractor as a last effort and it worked. Hope he gets to feeling better!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"