June 2012 Moms
Options

Afternoons

Hi June Ladies!

Two quick questions for you... How many naps are your little ones taking and am I the only one with a sweet pea whose "wheels are coming off" from about 4:00-5:00 every evening?  I can't do ANYTHING to make her happy during that hour... It's really sad :( 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Afternoons

• Options
    LO takes a 2 hour nap at noon. I did nothing to get him to do this. It's what he does on his own. He usually doesnt get super cranky until 8 which is when we go to bed. 
  • Options
    DS takes a morning nap at 10:30 -12 and then again about 3-5. Then goes to bed at 8:30 ish.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AJ started daycare this week. She's in the pretoddler room where they nap from 12ish to 2ish. Before this week, she was still taking two naps and going to bed at 830. Now, I have to fight to keep her awake until 730. She can be extremely cranky in the evenings if bored.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS has just been taking one nap from 11:00-1:00 or 12:00-2:00. If he doesn't sleep for two hours and seems sleepy later, I still try to get him to nap again around 3:30 or 4:00. I've noticed his evenings are pretty rough if he doesn't get at least a 2 hour nap. Thankfully right now DH comes home around 3:30, so I have his help. When his hours change and he's not home until 6:00, I'm probably going to lose my marbles.

• Options
    DD takes one afternoon nap, usually from 2-3 ish. She goes to bed at 9ish and wakes up at 9-10 am. I have a night owl!
    She gets cranky after 6h of being awake, but not too terrible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    DS naps from 12-2 at daycare. A couple of weeks ago they told me he was getting cranky around 4:30 and we realized he was hungry. So now he has a snack at that time. It has definitely helped.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

AJ started daycare this week. She's in the pretoddler room where they nap from 12ish to 2ish. Before this week, she was still taking two naps and going to bed at 830. Now, I have to fight to keep her awake until 730. She can be extremely cranky in the evenings if bored.

@Samiantha101, I'm guessing your interview went well then. ;) How are you liking your new job?
  • Options
    DD takes a 2-3 hour midday nap.  Her worst time of day is 5-6, when we are just getting home and I'm trying to get dinner ready.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options

@Samiantha101, I'm guessing your interview went well then. ;) How are you liking your new job?
    The interview was strange, but it went well enough that I got a job offer. The daycare we put AJ in had a freak opening, so we had to snatch it up. I actually don't start work until Monday. We're using this week as a transition week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats on the job! That's great about the daycare spot opening up. Sometimes the stars just align.

Good luck on Monday!
  • Options
    My son WILL NOT go to bed before 10pm no matter how hard I've tried, he just loves being awake.
    He wakes up at about 9am and then will take a nap at like 2-3 and then one at like 5ish
    him going to bed late actually works great for DH and I's schedule so I gave up trying lol
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • Options
    My son WILL NOT go to bed before 10pm no matter how hard I've tried, he just loves being awake.
    He wakes up at about 9am and then will take a nap at like 2-3 and then one at like 5ish
    him going to bed late actually works great for DH and I's schedule so I gave up trying lol
    This is my DD. If she falls asleep before 9pm it is a nap. But she only takes one 1h nap now. There are days she wakes up at 11 am! Not your average baby...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    She takes an hour and a half- two hour nap around 12.  Goes to bed at 7 and is up at 6:45 am.  I've tried a later bedtime but she gets cranky and will still wake up the same time in the morning.  Between 5-6 is usually her crankiest time.  I've tried a snack and eating dinner early, but it doesn't always help.
  • Options
    DD is a good sleeper, finally.  She usually naps for a couple hours between 12-4 depending on when she gets up, and goes down without much fuss at 8-8:30.  She wakes anywhere from 8-10, depending on when she actually fell asleep the night before.  But she rarely gets up anymore, and is happy to entertain herself until I go get her in the morning.  She certainly wasn't always that way, so I consider us lucky now :)
    TTC #1 9/2011  BFP 10/3/2011! (EDD 6/10/2012)   Aubrey Lynn, 6/17/12Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"