August 2012 Moms
Options

Ugh.... Night with out LO

DH is taking DS back to our hometown on Thursday evening after work. I will be joining them in pa after work on Friday but I am a freaking wreck. I have never not put DS to bed or been there to get him out of his crib in the morning.
The rational side of me knows it's just for a day and he will be with his dad. However the emotional side of me has been crying for days and drinking way too much wine. O and DH is also taking our dog so I'm really going to be all alone
100_7533(1) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ugh.... Night with out LO

• Options
    I've only been away from ds once for one night for work. I have to go away again for work in two weeks and I'm a wreck already! I understand. The rational side knows all will be fine but the crazy mom side just wants my baby!!!
  • Options
    I know how you feel.  My parents took DD overnight about a month ago for the first time.  I was worried she was going to wake up crying in the middle of the night or be confused when I was not there in the morning.  She did great, of course then I was sad that she did not miss me more :)

Good luck!
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would feel the same as you. The one night I had away, I thought I'd never sleep. Then I took an ambien and oh God, the sleep. The sleeeeeeep. It was amazing and he was all smiles when I did see him. He'd been in good hands with his Daddy.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options

Maybe in a way I am lucky that my first night away from DS was when I had my emergency appendectomy. I was a little too busy (or unconscious) to worry about him much, and I didn't worry about it ahead of time.

I can imagine if I had known it was coming, I would have been a wreck, too. I know you know it will be ok. Try to enjoy the sleep!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm kind of jealous. Especially since he'll be with your H. If it were me I would be doing a happy dance.
    I hope you don't get too lonely though. Maybe get a few fun movies for background company or take something to help you fall asleep?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I was away from lo one night and he was with my parents. My parents and lo had a blast! Although by the next day when we were coming home, he was done with it, and started constantly crying until we came back. My parents were exhausted the next day, and slept most of it!

1999- Dx Prolactinoma

8-25-2012 - Lucas born via C-section at 38 Weeks 2 days
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Maizey06 said:
    I know how you feel.  My parents took DD overnight about a month ago for the first time.  I was worried she was going to wake up crying in the middle of the night or be confused when I was not there in the morning.  She did great, of course then I was sad that she did not miss me more :)

Good luck!
    We just did this last weekend and it was pure torture on me! My whole family got together the next day and my mom kept telling everyone how great Hudson was and how he didn't cry at all, I was like geeze you could have at least lied and said he missed me!!

06/10 mmc@ 10 weeks: 03/11 mc @ 8 weeks due to blighted ovum.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"