Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Getting Rid of the Bottle

Does anyone have tricks to getting their child to drink from a sippy cup instead of a bottle? LO refuses to drink formula from a sippy cup, but she will drink juice or water from it. Do I just need to be persistent in trying it? Or do I need to give it a week or two and try it again? Our pediatrician said to just use her bottles for nighttime if we can, because that's the hardest one to break. Once we get her use to that, I'm supposed to do the nighttime bottle. But I'm having trouble with all of it. Any advice?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Getting Rid of the Bottle

• hijinx said:

Does she need formula still? I would be tempted to just offer milk in her sippy as a replacement for the formula since she's now 1. That's what we did with DS and it worked well for him. I didn't want to deal with having to wean bottles and formula separately, so I just did them at the same time.

We're using up the container that we have left. Plus, we're doing half formula/half milk to get her use to it. That's what our pediatrician told us to do. Once this container is gone, we're not buying anymore. She just loves her bottle. She gets so excited when she sees it. Looks like we may have a battle on our hands.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"