December 2012 Moms
Options

Loestrin

Does anyone use Loestrin for bc? I've been on it for 3 months. The first month I had a lot of spotting. The last 2 months I've had a lot of bleeding mid-cycle...very similar to a regular period, & then I still get my period the week that I'm supposed to. Has anyone experienced anything like this on Loestrin? It's super annoying

Re: Loestrin

• Options
    I'm on something similar to Loestrin 24, but have been on Loestrin previously. I have no spotting cfurrently, but if it is the 24 day one like I was on I did for a while. It's just your body getting used to only having 4 days to start and finish a period. It was my favorite BC. It was glorious going from 7-11 day cycles and in extreme pain to 2 day light cycles. I went to go back on it and my insurance won't cover it. So I'm on Microgestin 1/20 which is the same dosage, just with a whole week of inactive pills like regular BC.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was on Loestrin 24 until they stopped making it and started making Minastrin 24 which is the same pill except chewable (but you have to drink 8oz of water right after, so it sort of negates being chewable). I didn't have any problems on the Loestrin but so far I have spotted on the Minastrin..I'm going to give it a few months but I don't think I like it, which is a shame b/c I haven't found another brand that only has 4 days of inactive pills (I have my period scheduled for weekends so I don't have to be miserable at work)

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"