Baby Showers
Options

It's a little much

So here is my issue, I have been offered 3 showers.  One for work, one for Girl Scouts, and one for Dance/Cheer.  The first two are just straight forward no worries about when or who to invite and so on, however the dance/cheer one is out of control.  My daughters are on a total of 10 teams at the studio and one daughter is on the cheer team at the same studio as well.  Last week the host of this shower asked me if any of my friends or family were throwing a shower, and I honestly said "no".  So she gets all excited and says to invite them to her shower, I kindly tell her that I really dont want her to over do it and that there were already so many people from the studio that I can not imagine adding anyone (50+).  The sad part is that I do have friends and family that really dont fit into any of these groups and have wanted shower information. I know the typical way of inviting people to the shower at the studio is by invite but they also post the information on the community board.  I really do not want the whole studio invited to the shower cause that would more than double the previously stated 50+ (moms and daughters that are invited to this shower).  So in trying to pair down who all gets invited I made up a list of those Moms and Daughters that are actually on the teams with my kids and a few of my close competition moms, I am really hoping that the host understands me wanting to cut back some?  I am not sure what to do about the close friends and family part?  Any suggestions before I climb into a black hole and hide until after the baby gets here? 
BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Pregnancy Ticker
image""> image

Re: It's a little much

• Options
    I turned down all showers for my second DD as they were 3 years apart.  It has been over ten years since I was last pregnant and all my friends and family are very excited that I am happily married now to my high school sweet heart and this is his first baby, so yes I accepted the showers so that I can celebrate the birth of my newest addition to our family.  The dance/cheer shower is actually going to be more focused on my DD's and all the games will revolve around them while I get a chance to hang out with my mom friends. 
    BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't mind second showers if people offer them, but why in the world do you need 3 different showers for one pregnancy...that isn't even your first? I would just tell her no.
  • Options
    Suggest a party or celebration of baby after baby comes. People could come in and see baby, and then there is no requirement for a gift or anytbing . Pick a day for each group while you are home and after you are ready for visitors.
  • Options
    Besides, the (slightly uncomfortable) truth is that if the friends/family wanted so much to go to a shower, they would throw you one.  Since they aren't rest assured they are not devastated.  If they bring it up, just say lightly that it's a dance/GS/work thing.

I gotta agree with AB here! I'll even go so far as to say it's not that bad that the dancemoms and the grownup girlscouts and your work gals want to have interest-specific showers for you, especially if none of them were in your social network back when you had your first 2 babies. In my book, these things all fall under the "work function" social rules that are a little bit different than "genuine social function" rules. PS Don't register.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"