Pregnant after 35
Options

Bed Rest?

I am 31 weeks and have been experiencing pelvic pressure when I walk more than 5 minutes. My Braxton Hicks are also more frequent than I would like although they are not painful. I'm am considering asking my doctor if I should take off work earlier than originally planned. Any of you out there on bed rest and how are you dealing with it? {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 IAmPregnant Ticker}

Re: Bed Rest?

• Options
    I was on bedrest for 12 weeks with my last pregnancy. It was not easy at all and I am hoping I won't need to be on bedrest again this time. 
    image image

• Options
    10-4LilBuddy10-4LilBuddy member
    edited September 2013
    I have been on bedrest for 10 weeks. One week at home and released from the hospital yesterday after 9 weeks of bedrest. Hoping to do 4 weeks of home bed rest to get to 37 weeks for my twins.

I was on bedrest due to a shortened cervix and BH (6 an hour medicated). I am taking medications to slow down my BH.

At 34 weeks, my doctors will no longer stop labor. An average infant will stay in the NICU until their due date. Of course, it depends on their health and size at birth. If you give birth prior to 34 weeks, you need to do steroid shots for the baby's lung development and magnesium for brain and neural protection.

Have you had your cervix measured? If you have a sufficient cervix and the doctor thinks your contractions aren't impacting it, I doubt they'd put you on bedrest. You may be put on bedrest depending on your cervical length.

Bedrest is not easy and opinions vary on its benefits. I think it helped me maintain and stabilize my cervix. I credit it with stopping me from delivering at 24 weeks.

ETA: I have not stopped working. I work remotely and attend certain conference calls. I worked it out on a trial basis with my boss and it has been successful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    do you have lots of pressure when you walk? i am starting to experience that as well. i didnt notice this with my first child six years ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"