Working Moms
Options

Day care packing question

My 7 month old starts day care on Monday . Besides bottles and diapers/ wipes and food what should I be packing ? Would u send a whole tub of formula or just make the bottles he will drink and that's it ?

Re: Day care packing question

• Options
    I leave as much stuff at daycare as possible:  extra clothes, formula, wipes, diapers.  Basically all I bring now is bottles every day.  If your LO is eating solids, I prefer to label and bring in food each day that way I had more control over how much they are eating.  I might leave some puffs or crackers or something as "snacks" but that would be the most.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    Can't help on formula but for the other things: LOTS of extra clothing, so you can keep taking home the dirty ones and just replenish once in a while. Including a warmer sweater or jacket, hat, socks, bibs, etc. Diaper creme if you are using it. Do they provide sheets for cribs and such? Do you use pacifiers?
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would ask your DCP about the bottles.  I think most require you to prepare the bottles ahead of time, although you can probably leave an extra can there for days LO is extra hungry.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DCP had us bring a can of formula to leave there. We brought clean, empty bottles each day. Love not mixing up bottles at night!
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options

I agree that asking DC about the bottles is best. They probably have a system. It would be NICE if you can leave a can or tub there, though.

I agree with the extra clothing, including socks and a jacket. Sometimes the rooms get cold even if it's warm outside.

You should also ask them about the sleeping arrangements. Most daycares have cribs for them at that age, but many ask that you bring your own crib sheet on Monday and take it home to wash on Friday.

\image  image

• Options
    I would ask DC for some sort of list. For DS, I brought diapers (they supply wipes), diaper cream, extra clothes, lots of bibs and a few containers of puffs all labeled to leave there. Every week I have to bring back his sheet and blanket washed. Each day I brought the number of bottles he'd drink and a dispenser of formula (although I could have left a container of formula there) and his meals all labeled. I used the dispenser so I had some control and also didn't want last minute requests for more formula when I didn't have any at home. I also asked his actual teachers if there was anything I should change or do differently once we started.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    Also I would make sure you have 2 crib sheets not just one in case LO spits up or has a diaper leak.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    It really depends on your daycare. We bring diapers and cream every few weeks and they let us know when we're running low. Any bottles they give the baby are required to be prepared - they don't allow us to have frozen milk or unmixed formula. We also keep a ton of clothes in her cubby and replenish whenever they run low. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our DCP supplies diapers, wipes, formula, bottles/nipples, butt cream and crib linens.

A's daily bag (which is our regular diaper bag) always has: diapers, wipes, travel size baby toiletries, a burp rag, a light blanket, her paci (which she won't take at home), two backup outfits and a light sweater/jacket. Also a sunhat and sunglasses.

Each day I add in her cooler with her BM bags (frozen) and empty, clean bottles. Our DCP thaws and uses on an as needed basis.
    imageimage
    Our lil' diva: late like her Momma: 40 weeks 5 days!
  • Options
    We brought:
    • Tub of formula (they date it when they open and the tub is reusable so we take home, clean, and give them back with a package of unopened new formula when done)
    • 3x of clothing to stay
    • Tub of wipes
    • Cloth diapers (5 inserts per day and 2 shells, plus daily liner for the pail)
    • 6 bottles and any BM I have
    • 2 pacifiers (one stays as a backup and the other is changed daily)
    • A toy (we have one of those blanket "friends")
    • A blanket (switched out weekly)
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

It really depends on the DC.

Our DC provides all of the formula, baby food, bibs, burp clothes, and crib sheets. Every parent is to bring 180 wipes at the beginning of each moth to be used in the infant room for diaper changes, wipe faces & hands, and as needed for other purposes.

For DD, I provide the diapers, change of clothes, pacifier, blanket, and bottle. The bottle stays at DC, because they wash & sterilize it after each use.

Check with your DC for a list of items to bring and find out what they provide.

• Options
    I'm very fortunate - our daycare keeps our bottles and runs them through the dishwasher each day and they also have their own stash of bibs and utensils/bowls/etc.  So we bring nothing each day and bring a tub of formula, pack of diapers and wipes when asked.  We leave a supply of extra clothes, a swaddle, some socks and a binkie in his cubby.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"