High-Risk Pregnancy

Wednesday Bedrest Check In

Happy hump day ladies

How did everyone sleep last night?

Milestones, updates, appts?

Qotd: Do you change into regular clothes every day to try to keep somewhat of a routine?

Re: Wednesday Bedrest Check In

• Guess what day it is? Guess what day it is... :-P

I am 32wks today.. Woot woot.. I couldn't be anymore desperate to get to 36wks to ditch this stitch... I remember being 27wks and having such bad anexity thinking I wouldn't make it this far.. :-)

I slept good last night. It's a miracle. My rapid heart decided to take a back seat and let me catch some zzzz's... I haven't woke up at 8:30 in a lonnnnggggg time!!!

Waiting for my nurse to arrive. After today's injection only 3more... Wow...it seems so unreal how close I am to becoming a mommy!! God is good

Qotd: I don't ever change. I look like a witch. I have told myself a bunch of times I need to start changing and combing my hair so I can feel pretty for the last remaining weeks. I think alot has to do with the fact I don't have any nice clothes that fits. I never went shopping so pjs it is..
  • Hi everyone. I'm new to bed rest. Today is day 4 and it hasn't been too bad thus far except for the fact that I wanna eat and snack and can't do to much of that cuz of the GD diet. Grrr. Also I am having some (tmi) horribly painful hemmorroids. I'm not constipated so I don't know why but it's quite painful as well as lots of pressure. I swear my little guy is a wild child too. He is stretching and kicking and pushing which gets uncomfortable but I'm glad he is moving of course. My family had to tell me about my surprise shower this weekend due to the fact that they didn't think I would leave the house had I not known. I probably wouldn't have and I got special permission to go as long as I stay sitting. So I have something to look forward to this week. Glad to have you ladies to talk too. Thanks for having me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Spash: Sorry you had to join us. You must be so excited for your baby shower this weekend. Defiantly something to look forward to. Mine is in 4 wks. DH and I are still ordering things and planning :-) I am excited and can't wait... Please keep us posted..
  • Slept fine last night, just the normal routisserie style of flipping every hour or so when my hips start to throb.

No milestones for me today.

QOTD: I usually change into one of my pairs of maternity shorts and tshirts to start each day- I only have a few that fit, so I wear them for two days in a row, then switch, and that gets me through the week before I start the cycle over again!  Although it's getting cooler here and I don't have many comfy pants options, so pajama pants are starting to sneak in as well.  All I do with my hair is brush it, and it usually looks a mess- I often wonder if hubby looks at me and wonders what happened!  Although since I always work from home, I'm not much different now than I was before bedrest, although before I at least would look decent on weekends!

kneenah- I'm in love with that commercial, a Wednesday never goes by anymore where I don't think about that camel!!  And my small glass of wine last night was heavenly, and baby didn't mind it at all, he kept kicking and flipping all through it. 

Spash- welcome!  My baby is a wild child too- some of the kicks and punches and flips really hurt!  But like you said, I'll take that any day since I know that means he's doing well in there.  I had a dream last night that I could see his hand and face through my uterus pushing up against my skin, lol. 

• Sft: funny you say about your dream because I had a dream like that a few days ago. I could LOs full body pressed against my belly.
  • HUMP DAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Check-In:

Meh slept so and so..kind of annoyed with DH though..he bought the new Grand Theft Auto (cool with me, don't care) for the XBox - which I'm currently using for netflix in our bedroom - and he plays that damn thing until almost 3am in the morning -_- I'm a very light sleeper and can not even consider falling asleep with any lights on. Anyhow, he made me chuckle by saying "You're such a picky sleeper, I'll just use a sledgehammer to knock you out next time so you'll sleep." Plus, LO wouldn't stop flopping around.

Milestones/Appointments:
    No Milestones today, but I had a 3D ultrasound yesterday (our second try) and this lil fella did not want to cooperate, once again. We tried so much to get him to move but nothing helped!! Soooo we rescheduled for next week ^^'
    pssst we did get a lil keepsake picture from the sonographer from that day c:

Qotd:
    Okay lemme tell you I have not changed into any "regular clothing" ever since I got put on bedrest..I look like a morphed up cocaine troll who touched the electric outlet with a fork way too many times.

@kneenah1231 Yay 32 weeks!!! What's a hairbrush, don't know if I ever heard of such a thing.

@spash Hi there and welcome. Hemorrhoids haaah aren't they lovely..try wating prunes and lots of fruit to get stuff "going" if you know what I mean har har .. yeah I don't know what's up with me today. Too much Cartoons, lack of sleep, everything? Well that's still nice that they're throwing you a baby shower (:

• Omg justmaike you crack me up
  • 10-4LilBuddy10-4LilBuddy member
    edited September 2013
    Update: 33w 1d Had a lousy night. Could not get comfortable at all. Tried lots of pillow configurations. No go. Having my OB call in an rx for Ambien. My kids would not settle down. They kept stretching and rolling all night. It was very painful because they have gotten so large. I had nightmares that there were three in there and another nightmare where I was being cut with a knife in my belly. My RLP on one side was excruciating. I was crying at one point.

QOTD: I only wash my hair every other (or third) day bc it is really long and heavy. I just hate the feel of wet hair on my back. I do try to shower and change every day. However, I don't wear "real" clothes. I wore the hospital gown every day and am wearing nightgowns at home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @kneenah - yea! 32 weeks!!
  • Slept like crap again. Came to the couch again around 2am watched tv for a while and had a s'more pop tart :) I have an appointment with my ob tomorrow...pretty sure I'm having contractions but not sure since I never feel them but they show up on my NST so curious what shows up tomorrow. I shower everyday but just throw on yogo pants and a tank or something after. I feel bad for my fiance that I never get dressed up anymore but it's just too much, I feel exhausted just after taking a shower
  • Hey all!  Well today is my first full day at home and I am loving it.  I missed my little man so much!  I think I have been really good so far.  I am spending most of my time in our recliner.  I slept so well last night I passed out with my cell phone in my hand!  but had to wake up 2 hours later to take my procardia and then had to wake up at 6:45 to take it again.  But otherwise passed out and slept like a log, minus 4,000,000 pee breaks!!

QOTD:  At the hospital and today I get up and change into a maternity t-shirt and yoga pants.  I have never liked staying in my PJs, although yoga pants aren't much different than PJs. 

@kneenah Congrats on 32W and only 3 shots left!!!

@spash Welcome and hope you stay is uneventful!!

imageimage

• Hiiii ladies!!!
    Congrats milestoners and welcome new peeps!!!

I'm 35 weeks today!!! Woooop woooop. Only two more weeks before I meet my lil Sawyer girl!!!!! I can't wait to have her in my arms ;)))

Apt for repeat blood work Friday and BPP. I'm just glad they are letting me stay home.

QOTD: some days.... I'll shower and either a. Put on regular clothes and do my hair and make up and lounge around all day or b. put on clean pjs and lounge around all day. It depends on my mood! I do look forward to apt days so I dress appropriately for those !

Sawyer Lynn <3 Born 10.11.13

• @marianaz0 - wow! 35 weeks! Awesome!
  • Good evening all.  Congrats on all the milestones and getting out of the hospital!  I saw MFM today and there were no changes.  Discussed all delivery scenarios, which was really difficult and will have a NICU consult later this week.  Just aching to get to 26 weeks.  Will be 23 this weekend.  Hoping that I stay funneled and no dilation happens. 

QOTD: PJs all day long, though I do change them, as well as my undies ;-)
  • Morgan so glad there was no change... 26 weeks is right around the corner for you positive thinking...
  • Hello everyone this is my 3rd day and I am so glad I found these posts! My emotions have been all over the place since I showed up for an US thinking my cervix was 5 cm like the last visit only to be told to go immediately to the hospital because it funneled to 1.9cm in 4 wks. They aren't letting me leave the hospital for a while. So I am happy I can check in with you ladies and see how things are going. Congrats to everyone who has as made it so close to the end, you ladies will be my inspiration as I try to keep my mind from racing in this little hospital bed.
  • Welcome @chickiebrown. How far along are you! Hope you find some support with us highrisk bedrest ladies :)

Sawyer Lynn <3 Born 10.11.13

• Hi ladies!! I'm a new poster and have not done much stalking while I have been on bed rest. I was put on BR at 18 weeks for a shortened cervix and cervical cerclage put in the next week. I have twin boys in there and I am trying to keep them in as long as possible. Doctors didn't think that I would make it this far so I am happy to have made the milestones I have made with out becoming the madhatter.

My sleep is all over the place and I take naps whenever I feel tired but I have now become the night owl. I feel so huge and have a hard time getting comfortable with big belly and pain in the cerclage!!

I wish that I had more clothes that fit and flattered my new body so most of the time I am in PJs and my robe but that has now been out grown.

• Thanks I'm 23 and a half weeks weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"