C-sections

pain at 5.5 weeks PP

Anyone have any suggestions for pain management after your c/s?

I'm 5.5 weeks pp and my incision has started hurting again pretty badly. I know it's because I'm having to do more (caring for a toddler and newborn) but there's not much I can do about it since DH left to go offshore Monday, we have no family that lives close, and all of my friends have their own families to care for. I've been rotating Tylenol, Advil, and Aleve and started wearing my belly binder again but it still hurts enough to bring me to tears sometimes. My OB said that it's probably because I have a lot of scar tissue (they discovered it during my 2nd c/s) but he didn't have any recommendations to help just told me to keep taking the OTC meds. Any recommendations would be appreciated...

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~

Re: pain at 5.5 weeks PP

• I have heard some women say that they formed adhesions from scar tissue after a c section and that they were very painful. From what I understand they are difficult to diagnose and are usually only seen during a laparoscopy. I would ask your ob about it. I am certainly no doctor. I do think that pain bad enough to bring you to tears at 5.5 weeks pp is something that should be looked into. I was virtually pain free at that point. Hope this helps and hope you feel better soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"