Babies: 6 - 9 Months

6 month eating schedule

I am curious what you're LOs eating schedule is like?

My DD is 6 months on Saturday and is already eating 3 meals a day as of 2 days ago.

Prior, she had only breakfast and dinner, but when we ate lunch she would grab for our food and cry when she couldn't eat too, plus she was starting to want to nurse more often, so I added lunch to her schedule.

Anyone else feed their baby 3 meals a day yet? If yes, what does your schedule look like.

This is ours:

10 am wake up and nurse
11am solid: fruit mixed with oatmeal
12 pm nurse
1:50 to 2:30 pm Nap
2:40 solid: Veggie
3:00 nurse
5:00 Nurse
5:10 to 5:45 nap
6:45 solid: veggie & fruit with oatmeal
7:30 nurse
9:00 nurse to sleep

I do homemade baby food. Should I be adding in a protein like chicken now? Can I do yogurt for breakfast?

Also, just an FYI we started solids at 4 months, so she has been eating solids for 2 months now. She isn't a newbie!
Me: 30 | DH:34
Married: 08/04/12
DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

Re: 6 month eating schedule

• We don't delay foods and don't do puree. So I can't help you there. DS does get yogurt and proteins though and has since he started solids at 6 months. We have no schedule for anything though. We wake at 9am. He has a bottle shortly after. Then a bottle every 2 to 3 hours as needed plus food whenever we eat, plus a few extra snacks. We're really relaxed about things. Very baby led with everything.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @nana_osaki06 when did you start BLW? Was your LO sitting up completely unassisted when you started? We are planning to start around 6 months, just wondering !
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • @nana_osaki06 when did you start BLW? Was your LO sitting up completely unassisted when you started? We are planning to start around 6 months, just wondering !
    He could sit up fine in his high chair, but wasn't sitting unassisted. He was stubborn with that bit since he enjoys falling backwards. However, he did great in his high chair. He sat forward, would lean forward to pick things up, then sit back up again, ect. Just not on the floor or other flat surfaces.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    He could sit up fine in his high chair, but wasn't sitting unassisted. He was stubborn with that bit since he enjoys falling backwards. However, he did great in his high chair. He sat forward, would lean forward to pick things up, then sit back up again, ect. Just not on the floor or other flat surfaces.

That makes me feel better. Our guy is there now... He sits in his highchair and plays while we eat. But I, not sure if he'll be sitting unassisted at 6 months or not.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016

That makes me feel better. Our guy is there now... He sits in his highchair and plays while we eat. But I, not sure if he'll be sitting unassisted at 6 months or not.
    Mine started to sit unassisted for realsies at 8 months. He's a pro at the high chair though. I will say that we ended up getting a different high chair about 1.5 months into BLW. We HATED the stupid padding and cleaning his chair. It was gross. So we got rid of it and got the Boon Flair which is so much easier to wipe down.
  • Our 6mth schedule was very similar to yours. He would get 2oz. Fruit and 2T. Oatmeal in the morning, plus 4oz formula. Then after his morning nap he would have 6oz formula. Lunch 2oz veggie with 1oz fruit, followed by another bottle (4oz). Dinner 2 oz veggie, 1oz fruit, 2 T oatmeal. Then a 6oz bottle before bed. Mine is a little piglet, and usually cries for more. I usually give him more when he seems hungry. He is now 7.5mths (we also started solids just after 4mths) and we just started introducing chicken into his diet. We have also done yogurt. Good luck! 
  • Right now our 28 week DDs feeding schedule is
    730 am-6 oz bottle
    800 am-3-4 oz veg
    1200-6 oz bottle
    100-3-4 oz veg
    400-6 oz bottle
    500/530-3-4 oz veg
    700-8 oz bottle

She isn't a big eater. We haven't introduced any fruit or dairy or protein-and we as a family dot really do grains. We will do fruit soon and protein around the holidays. We do some finger foods too-sweet potato discs, cucumbers and baked carrots
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • HML5382HML5382 member
    edited September 2013
    7:30 - Wake & Nurse
    8:30 - Fruit
    9:30-10:30 - Nap
    10:30 - Nurse
    12:30 - Nurse - & sometimes veggies
    1:00-3:00 - Nap
    3:00 - Nurse
    4:45-5:30 - Nap
    5:30 - Nurse
    6:00 - Veggies
    7:00 - Bottle & Bed
    2am-ish - Nurse

At 12:30 sometimes she seems like she wants to eat lunch with us so I feed her but we're inconsistent. I think over the next week or two this will become her 3rd meal. We started solids at 4.5 months and she took off with it really quick. She really seems to want to eat what we're eating though a lot of the time, so I'm thinking about crossing over to the whole baby led weaning thing soon, but I'll probably still offer some purees too because she does like them.

ETA - As far as protein, we have a checkup next week and as long as Dr ok's it I'm planning to start protein the end of next week.

• I'm glad to see this, I was wondering how much I should be feeding my son. He's 6 months, been eating since 4 months and I give him a tablespoon of fruit or veggie, 1/2 tablespoon oatmeal and a little breastmilk and he always seems hungry when he's done. Well one tablespoon is only 1/2 ounce, so I'm going to give him more. We go for his 6 month checkup on Monday, so I was going to ask anyway, but glad to see this.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"