1st Trimester
Options

Holy Freakin' Crap!!

That was my reaction when those two pink lines showed up on the test I only took this morning to prove to myself I wasn't pregnant. The hubby and I had been trying for about 8 months and I was pretty discouraged. We had planned to stop trying in July or so because we didn't want a summer baby (he is a wildland firefighter and is gone all summer long, May through September-ish). So basically we had stopped trying but weren't really preventing, because I didn't think it would happen. I'd been feeling weird the past few weeks. Just a little off. Had some kind of weird allergic reaction on Thursday when we went out for drinks (body rejecting the alcohol? Idk) which prevented me from going to Vegas this weekend (thank goodness).lol I thought I was just pms-ing but my boobs were sore as heck, which they usually never are, so I decided to test. The hubby is away on a work project (with no cell service) and won't be home until Friday, so I am bursting at the seams here! Ahhh! Sorry for the rant, I just can't believe it's finally happening!! :) Now I'm worrying about all the things I did the past few weeks that a pregnant lady shouldn't be doing (like moving a washer and dryer up and down 3 flights of stairs..)..Oh well, guess you're not supposed to stress about that stuff right? lol Good luck and congrats to all you ladies on here who were just as shocked by their news as I was about mine!
Anniversary

Re: Holy Freakin' Crap!!

• Options
    Congratulations!! I took a test to basically just confirm I wasn't pregnant too.. Haha I nearly had a stroke when it was positive! I guess after so long of seeing negatives, it's just what you expect. Don't worry about things you've been doing, I moved a ridiculously heavy dining room table down a few flights of stairs about 2 days before I tested and I helped my parents move.. Thinking I wasn't pregnant! I was a little past 5 weeks when I found out and I'm 17 weeks now and everything is fine! What's important now is taking care of yourself and your baby from here on out :-)
    Again, congratulations and welcome to the boards!!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much! I've been on the boards before, mostly on the TTC board, but I got frustrated because it was taking us a while so I kind of removed myself from the bump. My cycles are pretty short so I found out early. I'm only like 3 1/2 weeks so far! This pregnancy is going to take forever!! Haha still doesn't feel real yet, but I'm sure it will soon. I can't wait to tell my husband as well. :) Thanks for the welcome. Now I'm off to stalk the boards and do insane amounts of research with Dr. Google.lol
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"