August 2012 Moms

Re: A little drama for you

• Options
    Yeah, I immediately called BS as soon as she posted about going in and out of consciousness and having a 70/40 BP. I can believe she has HG, but if you're that bad off, are you really going to have the strength to get on The Bump?
  • Options
    I can't believe I just read that entire thread. 

I want my 15 minutes back.
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That didn't end as I expected.

And I really do feel for the OP. Seriously. 
  • Options
    it's gone.  I read a few pages in.  It got realllly ugly. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    These threads keep getting erased while I'm half way through. Were pages 4-6 the same as the first 3?
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    SJandVA said:
    These threads keep getting erased while I'm half way through. Were pages 4-6 the same as the first 3?
    Yes and no. The end got a little ugly when a "nurse" came in and remarked that she couldn't imagine killing her baby. Then the shit flew.
  • Options

What happened?!
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    HG has got to be one of the most demoralizing things a woman can go through. How awful to be in a position where making that choice seems like your only or best option.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Now I am curious how it ended? I was on page 4 when it disappeared. Recap the ending for us please?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was on page 5. That was rough, that poster is in a awful situation and she got alot of judgement. I would hope our board would be there more for each other
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I recognized her from September so I was pretty sure it wasn't MUD.  As Pretzel said, someone came in and said she was a nurse and she knew someone that had to 'kill her baby' and she lives with eternal regret because of it and she was trying to inform the OP of the regret she would feel for doing such a thing.  The whole thing felt icky and that 'nurse' lady was a complete nutjob.  That RocknRoll lady is a real peach too.
  • Options
    And to think Jerseybride thought A12 was a bunch of meanies! RocknRoll lady sounds like she has no soul. That is a horrible position to be in regardless of treatment options from the sound of it. And even if she exagerated slightly who the fuck cares. Don't we all exagerate when we feel like crap to some extent? I know when I get bad migraines I tend to say to my DH's "I think I might be dying" am I actually going to croak from a migraine? Chances are slim to none on that. I guess some people need to argue their point to the end no matter what.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My BFF once had to treat a woman with it. She said it was literally the worst thing she's seen since entering the medical field.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    What is HG? I didn't get to read the post but this doesn't sound familiar to me? From the sounds if it it's an awful thing to have so I hope this post was MUD.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    AmySmolos said:

What is HG? I didn't get to read the post but this doesn't sound familiar to me? From the sounds if it it's an awful thing to have so I hope this post was MUD.

It's a condition that makes an expectant mother so sick that there is often no choice but to terminate because of serious danger of dying of dehydration.

• Options
    Basically, it's hell on earth.

• Options

AmySmolos said:

It's a condition that makes an expectant mother so sick that there is often no choice but to terminate because of serious danger of dying of dehydration.
    Hyperemisis Graviderum rarely ends in termination.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AmySmolos said:

Hyperemisis Graviderum. It's severe pregnancy induced sickness. It doesn't seem like the post was MUD. She wasn't a random, first time poster.

The weird part was in her OP, she says things like "drifting in and out of consciousness", and "barely alive" to describe herself. Even my initial response is was this must be MUD, because why are you on the bump?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jodegaard said:

AmySmolos said:

Hyperemisis Graviderum. It's severe pregnancy induced sickness. It doesn't seem like the post was MUD. She wasn't a random, first time poster.

The weird part was in her OP, she says things like "drifting in and out of consciousness", and "barely alive" to describe herself. Even my initial response is was this must be MUD, because why are you on the bump?
    That's how I've had it described to me. My BFF acted like it's always that bad but I'm sure she just likes to exaggerate as a med student. She did her OB rotations while I was pregnant and had a great time telling me the horror stories.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"