High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

beta blockers and pregnancy

I am currently on Nadalol but will probably be switching to Labetalol very soon. I'm on beta blockers due to having Long QT Syndrome. I am not currently pregnant but am thinking ahead. Has anyone else been pregnant with a Long QT diagnosis or while on beta blockers?  My understanding is they will monitor the baby's growth more because of being on beta blockers. Any other feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: beta blockers and pregnancy

• Options
    Long QT is an electrical heart condition and causes dangerous heart Arrhythmias. I am on the beta blockers and have an internal defibrillator. I already have an almost 5 yr old but was just finally diagnosed a year ago with this so my next pregnancy will be quite different. Glad to hear things are going well for you and I hope they continue that way.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I also have long qt syndrome. This is my first pregnancy, I was taken off of my beta blocker before trying to conceive . My high risk doctor just recently put me back on it, which i was very nervous about. She explained that beta blockers have gotten a bad reputation during pregnancy. She said her patients taking them for heart problems rarely have problems like small birth weight. She recommended that I have more regular ultrasounds to monitor growth. How has your pregnacy been this far? I hope everything goes well for you!! I find it comforting to know there's other people out there with long qt that are pregnant!! I'd love to compare notes :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"