Blended Families
Options

BD didn't find a place to live

twister22twister22 member
edited September 2013 in Blended Families
BECAUSE HE DIDN'T EVEN FREAKING GO. He "fell asleep." (He does work 3rd shift, but still.) I told him all the places didn't require an appointment, that he could still just show up. Guess what? He didn't. He claims he will later this week. Whatever. I don't think he thinks I'm serious about DS not staying overnight in a "finished garage" (with no plumbing) with him. He will learn just how serious I am come Friday.

Re: BD didn't find a place to live

• Options
    He didn't go because he can't be bothered. Until someone lights a fire under his ass he won't do anything. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    shocker!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Of course he didn't....
    "he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval
  • Options
    You are going to fight to limit visitation?
  • Options
    +just+j+ said:
    You are going to fight to limit visitation?
    @+just+j+ BD can't keep DS overnight anywhere without my "approval," it's in our CO. And I'll let him have DS from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., but DS will stay overnight with me. He has to have running water to bathe and brush his teeth. Hopefully BD will keep the kids somewhere other than the garage during the day time - they need easy access to bathrooms (my DS is almost 5, BD's DD is 2) not to mention running water for meal time.
  • Options
    JFC
    I have never caught on to what this means.
  • Options

twister22 said:
    JFC
    Since we can cuss now...Jesus Fucking Christ.
  • Options
    twister22 said:
    JFC
    Jesus Fucking Christ...right?  That's what I thought it meant.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ah got it. Thanks @+just+j+ & @CurlyQ284

• Options
    I'm not sure why I can't tag J. Maybe because of the +?
  • Options
    Like the PPs said, definitely not shocked but disappointed for you and your DS.
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu
  • Options

I don't remember - does the garage have heat?  If not, once it gets cold I would not allow that either.  Have you made a visit to ex's new home?  And are you sure DS can use the bathroom in the house?  That there are no gasoline fumes or hazardous tools?

So sorry your ex is such a loser!

• Options
    Can't say I didn't see this coming.

Hopefully you aren't regretting making the decision not to go.

I can't imagine what his girlfriend thinks about his living arrangement or what lie he's told her about it.
  • Options
    SueBear said:

I don't remember - does the garage have heat?  If not, once it gets cold I would not allow that either.  Have you made a visit to ex's new home?  And are you sure DS can use the bathroom in the house?  That there are no gasoline fumes or hazardous tools?

Oh man, I didn't even think about the bolded!!

I asked DH about this yesterday to get a male perspective as to what a "finished garage" is.  There is a severe lack of testosterone on this Board btw.  He looked at me like I was nuts.  Even he said under no circumstances would he allow any of our kids to stay overnight in the garage.  His exact words were, "Oh hell no".  Our garage is "finished" meaning: it has insulation, drywall, paint, finished cement floor, etc.  However, it doesn't have heat or AC.  He said to run heat and/or AC into a garage would be rather costly, which is why we only use it to park my car and for a "game room" (we have a couch, chair, TV, Xbox, PS3 and a Wii out there).  I wouldn't let the kids sleep out there, ever.  DS has fallen asleep out there watching a movie and I made him get up and go to his room.

So no, BD cannot honestly expect to have DS or his DD overnight in a frigging garage.  His lazy ass sucks.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    I can't say I am shocked about this.  What a jerk.  Sounds like he is finding every excuse to NOT have to get an apartment. 

• Options
    He defintely shouldn't be surprised when you say no to overnights.  You've gone above and beyond to try to make sure that his normal visitation time is not interrupted.  Maybe not being able to have DS overnight will be the kick in the ass he needs to grow up!
  • Options
    I'm sorry I'm not surprised. Proves where his priorities are. Stuck to your guns though, don't cave in and help him!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    jobalchak said:
    SueBear said:

Oh man, I didn't even think about the bolded!!

I asked DH about this yesterday to get a male perspective as to what a "finished garage" is.  There is a severe lack of testosterone on this Board btw.  He looked at me like I was nuts.  Even he said under no circumstances would he allow any of our kids to stay overnight in the garage.  His exact words were, "Oh hell no".  Our garage is "finished" meaning: it has insulation, drywall, paint, finished cement floor, etc.  However, it doesn't have heat or AC.  He said to run heat and/or AC into a garage would be rather costly, which is why we only use it to park my car and for a "game room" (we have a couch, chair, TV, Xbox, PS3 and a Wii out there).  I wouldn't let the kids sleep out there, ever.  DS has fallen asleep out there watching a movie and I made him get up and go to his room.

So no, BD cannot honestly expect to have DS or his DD overnight in a frigging garage.  His lazy ass sucks.
    Thanks for the male perspective, Jo. And I know nothing about expenses for remolding projects, and it's good to hear that you guys have a "finished" garage. Really it's more like half way finished (no plumbing, heat, or A/C) and I'm guessing that's how BD's is too. Ugh. I don't enjoy being the "bad guy."
  • Options
    bebe11 said:
    I can't say I am shocked about this.  What a jerk.  Sounds like he is finding every excuse to NOT have to get an apartment. 
    I seriously thought he would go. I really did. Now, I doubt he'll go before Friday. He's a freaking lazy mooch. I swear DS better not take after him in that respect.
  • Options
    twister22 said:
    bebe11 said:
    I seriously thought he would go. I really did. Now, I doubt he'll go before Friday. He's a freaking lazy mooch. I swear DS better not take after him in that respect.
    Have you seen this garage that he is living in?  I just can't even imagine living like that.  What does his DD's BM think about this situation? 

• Options
    bebe11 said:
    twister22 said:
    bebe11 said:
    Have you seen this garage that he is living in?  I just can't even imagine living like that.  What does his DD's BM think about this situation? 
    BD told XGF/BM2 that he is living in an apartment. I told him she will Google the address and see it's a house. He said he would tell her he's renting the house or something. Honestly, I'm just going to stay out of it. I don't think I have a way to get in contact with her even if I wanted to. Not to mention, she lives disgustingly, and I have a hard time believing her living conditions are any better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"