Preemies
Options

My premmie has RSV :(

I took him in today becuase I thought he was getting an ear infection and he has had a cough. She said it was RSV which has caused him to get Bronchiolitis. She said it was a mild case and there was no cause to think he would have to be hospitalized. But my heart stopped when she said it was RSV.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My premmie has RSV :(

• Options
    aww... hope he feels better soon!
  • Options
    Aww..poor guy, that sucks. I hope that he has a fast recovery...so did you go into the whole freak out mode and analyze where he could have gotten it? That would so totally be me....What is she having you do with him for his RSV?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH and my mom went into freak out mode. They were both like "how could this happen?" I guess since I talked to the doctor and she told me that there was no real cause to worry or think it would be worse than it was already, I was pretty much okay. I know he most likely got it from my ILs we were up there right before Christmas and they had just been sick. The pedi said that there is nothing that we can do to treat it he will likely have a cough for a week or two but it should start to get better. As long as he is taking enough formula a day and having enough wet diapers there is not much else that we will need to watch for. It is so common and really bad in our town right now. She had just sent an infant to the hospital that morning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"