3rd Trimester

Getting DS ready

Any suggestions as what we can do to get DS ready for baby?  He will be turning 2 when the baby arrives.  We talk about the baby and he sees us getting the room ready.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Getting DS ready

• Some hospitals and libraries have new sibling classes. Books, a baby doll he can take care of, and maybe watching TV shows about getting new siblings could help.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • We took DD to a sibling class.  She is 2.5 and she really seemed to enjoy it.  They took them up to L&D and showed them the rooms, the nursery and where Mommy & baby will stay.  I don't know how much she really got out of it, but she does always say "baby only drinks mommys milk, I cannot feed the baby"  so that's something :)
  • Loading the player...
  • My mom (as grandma) has always had a baby doll in the house to prepare the sibling or cousin. My LO will make the 10th grandchild and the 9th grandson. Whenever there is another baby on the way she makes sure to break out the sibling books and the doll to show how to be gentle with a baby.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry jumping on this board. We have a son that will be 2 when the baby comes. We aren't around any other babies and we don't have dolls. So besides him kissing his little flash card that has a baby on it I have no clue how he will know a baby is coming or how to teach him??

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Good idea I will have to try that!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• DD will be 2.5yo when LO is born. She was too young to take the hospital classes in our area We have been talking about it and incorporating it into daily activities. We talk about all the things she can help with when the baby comes, like helping change diapers, dressing the baby, bathing the baby, and reading to him. She also plays with her babies and talks about how she is their mommy and tucks them into bed and feeds them so I also try to incorporate how we will do those things when her brother comes. We also have had DD at all of my ultrasound appointments and they did a 3d ultrasound and she carries the picture around and says that it's her brother. We also have a lot of the baby items out and we talk about how those are her brother's toys, clothes, etc. We have read a few books too. We talk a lot about sharing and being gentle. I don't know how much she will connect once the baby is here but she seems comfortable with the idea.
  • My son is 4 so he's a little more into it than your LO probably is. We just made sure to talk to him a lot about it. We also have made him feel very included the whole time and I think that has helped so much. He's been to all 3 ultrasounds, we let him choose what outfit she'll come home in (I laid out 3 that I liked and let him pick lol), we took him to the Disney store and let him pick out her first stuffed animal that he's actually going to give her in the hospital and he's even taken a few of my belly pics that I do each month. Little things like that to make LO feel included I think are important. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"